Vented Catch can

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Show me what you're running. Cannot decide between an off the shelf kit or a motion raceworks can
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This is the best I have found for me. An10 from valve cover into catch can then to the intake manifold. There is a check valve under the filter so when under vacuum it pulls pcv from the valve cover. When under boost the check valve allows crankcase to vent to atmosphere then there’s a check valve off the manifold to keep boost pressure in the intake manifold

1F39DE2E-4661-42D1-B26B-A79D01E95DA8.jpeg

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
This is the best I have found for me. An10 from valve cover into catch can then to the intake manifold. There is a check valve under the filter so when under vacuum it pulls pcv from the valve cover. When under boost the check valve allows crankcase to vent to atmosphere then there’s a check valve off the manifold to keep boost pressure in the intake manifold

That's a similar to the can I ran on my 14 and had it mounted by my cai filter. Where did you mount this on the S550?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That's a similar to the can I ran on my 14 and had it mounted by my cai filter. Where did you mount this on the S550?
Had it bolted to the fire wall. The part that unboltes and protects the battery. I’m making some changes so I’m not sure where I will put it now. I’ll know soon.
This was the only one I know about that has check valves

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
engine.jpg

Catch can set up with -12 lines vented to atmosphere. Coolant expansion tank built together.
Where is the driver side breather going? If you were just going to vent to atmosphere then why not just put filters on the valve cover?

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Where is the driver side breather going? If you were just going to vent to atmosphere then why not just put filters on the valve cover?
Driver side is also plumbed to the can. The reason is because its a high boost engine. Once you get into gapped rings and a lot of boost. You want something to catch the oil/fuel residue and vent the air. Filters on the valve covers work well n/a but will start puking fluid over time.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Driver side is also plumbed to the can. The reason is because its a high boost engine. Once you get into gapped rings and a lot of boost. You want something to catch the oil/fuel residue and vent the air. Filters on the valve covers work well n/a but will start puking fluid over time.
I run 18lbs of boost and have Generously gap piston ring and have never had a problem with blowby or fluids spitting out the valve covers. About 95%of your blowby is not from the gap in the rings. If you have that much blow by the might think about using thicker oil or looking into why you have so much pressure in the crankcase

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500

Sponsored

Smoots550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

How is this routed did you keep the factory pcv valve?

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I didn't search high and low but the only one I found that works with the PCV system for my Hellion car was UPR. It's pricey IMO but it worked for me.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
one valve cover into each of those threaded males. No you dont keep the valve, gut it.

Smoots550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
one valve cover into each of those threaded males. No you dont keep the valve, gut it.
Okay bc I saw where they said they had it hooked up to the manifold still. Trying to get catch can to work under boost to release pressure built up during boost
Sponsored