Vendor pricing

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I missed a very popular vendors 4th of July sale as I was still in the process of researching what suspension setup I wanted to go with. Once I had decided I saw that the prices had gone back up. That is a "me issue" for not acting during the sale. So I have my parts list here and decided that I will just wait for another sale. Much to my delight I receive an email from said vendor that nearly all of their own brand names are 10% off! It's "Christmas in July". I go in to check my parts list and check "sale pricing" The springs and spacers have been raised by 10%! The Dampers by over 10%! Some sale. I can see price manipulation at other retail sites and stores but was very surprised to see it here. Needless to say I will not be purchasing at this time.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I missed a very popular vendors 4th of July sale as I was still in the process of researching what suspension setup I wanted to go with. Once I had decided I saw that the prices had gone back up. That is a "me issue" for not acting during the sale. So I have my parts list here and decided that I will just wait for another sale. Much to my delight I receive an email from said vendor that nearly all of their own brand names are 10% off! It's "Christmas in July". I go in to check my parts list and check "sale pricing" The springs and spacers have been raised by 10%! The Dampers by over 10%! Some sale. I can see price manipulation at other retail sites and stores but was very surprised to see it here. Needless to say I will not be purchasing at this time.
I do not like this type of "price playing" either but unfortunately it happens all the time. Instead of just writing them off, why don't you try contacting them. If it is a sizable order they just might cut you a deal. Can't hurt to ask.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Well... sorry to burst anyone’s bubble or spoil any purchasing fun... but...I hope you never bought a TV on sale, or clothes, or.... or............

That “10% off” is typical marketing ploy for reeling in Customers everywhere - in fact legendary....

Ever see a “Going out of Business” sale? Or “XYZ Holiday Sale” Or “Black Friday this or that” sale?

Typically, if you're not watching - the “sale” is usually the regular price marked up by X%, then when the Customer sees the sale - they buy on impulse and take the X% off.. bringing down the discounted merchandise to regular price....

No BS.

So watch a favorite item you’re thinking of buying from ANY vendor (NOT just automobile vendors, ANY vendor) - price compare it to ANY other vendor. Usually the price is within a few bucks, say $1-$10 depending on the value of the merchandise. Now watch when there is a sale... see if that regular price was bumped up OR if the price remained the same and you can truly take off the X% to getting a deal.

Oh yea, one more thing... watch it on such sales too - because the other ploy is, the price remains the same during sale event with X% off but then they play with the SHIPPING FEE... sometimes what was “free shipping” is no longer free, OR it is exorbitant or bumped X% higher.

Read here:
https://www.helpscout.com/blog/pricing-strategies/

And here:
https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...-their-amazing-black-friday-discounts/355525/

So next time something is on “sale” ANYWHERE, think back to the above (2) articles. Retailers AND Wholesalers are not in the business to lose any money.

One little note about Mustang parts (EXCLUDING parts truly built “in house”):
Many vendors are getting their pre-packaged inventory from only a few major suppliers...each vendor is carrying a similar (or exactly the same) product. The retail price will vary based on the deal the vendor procured on the lot they purchased, if they were able to “bundle” a deal, if they were able to pay cash, if they are able to pay the supplier in 30 days or less and how well their credit line (or debt) is to the supplier... so when you see the same exact packaged part offered up by CJ, LMR, etc - they’re sourcing it from the same suppliers. Scott Drake products is a major source of Mustang parts, sold to many Mustang vendors (both Classic and Modern).

Do really think many of the Vendors can wind and manufacturer their own suspension springs? Springs are sourced from major Spring manufacturers (ie: Eibach, H&R, Vogtland, etc) and the Vendors can tell that Spring Manufacturer to wind them a specific custom spring rate, powder coat them a certain color and label them with their logos.... Hell, Ford Racing springs were repackaged Eibach springs with the Ford part numbers...

I’ve been on the retail and wholesale side... :devil:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
They offer forum discount codes too so it may be worth contacting them via the forum here to see what they can do.
Sponsored