Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Simple math equation just to show how important petroleum is.

Price of this ONE resource increases. 90% of all manufacturing and things made, will rise .

This on going argument, the end of humanity & destruction of the earth.

Has been blabbed about as far back as 1970, "the green house effect"

And we are still here and the equator is still 25,000 miles around .

Such a tiring and boring subject LOL
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Simple math equation just to show how important petroleum is.

Price of this ONE resource increases. 90% of all manufacturing and things made, will rise .

Such a tiring and boring subject LOL
That is bad and needs to change. We don't have to accept being so dependent upon a toxic resource - we can change things.

And this is a bit off topic, but your equation benefits this scumbag:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/26/us-...d-killing-of-journalist-jamal-khashoggi-.html

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
You need to look at what is made from crude oil, well over 6000 items and then some.. Not an easy to replace. Not building EVs without it.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
I see the war machine is back up and running...starting with Syria.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
well this was moved.... had to do specifically with the future value of specialty cars like the 350....

I try to post interesting stuff once in a while but starting to think I spend too much time giving content to someone else.

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hmm, tried to keep my posts explicitly technological and non-political, including not commenting on subsidies or their value. Oh well, too bad.

On the OP's point, I maintain my initial statements, which are two:
1) Niche cars like the GT350 will not experience much demand movement due to fuel price changes, because practicality and operating expense are very minor factors in the purchasing decision for most. IOW, we drive GT350s because they're awesome, not because they make sense
2) Any significant increase in transport energy costs will accelerate trends away from big V8 ICE engines, which (IMO) will only serve to increase the value of collector-friendly cars like the GT350 over time

In other words, our daily drivers are much more likely to change than our sports cars.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hmm, tried to keep my posts explicitly technological and non-political, including not commenting on subsidies or their value. Oh well, too bad.

On the OP's point, I maintain my initial statements, which are two:
1) Niche cars like the GT350 will not experience much demand movement due to fuel price changes, because practicality and operating expense are very minor factors in the purchasing decision for most. IOW, we drive GT350s because they're awesome, not because they make sense
2) Any significant increase in transport energy costs will accelerate trends away from big V8 ICE engines, which (IMO) will only serve to increase the value of collector-friendly cars like the GT350 over time

In other words, our daily drivers are much more likely to change than our sports cars.
I appreciate your input, Not buying into the hype of some that we are all doomed in 7 years if things dont change. The good thing is, you dont have to buy into it, Any improvement we make in our environment is a positive thing. Read where Porche was into a carbon neutral fuel that could save the ICE? interesting conversation

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I appreciate your input, Not buying into the hype of some that we are all doomed in 7 years if things dont change. The good thing is, you dont have to buy into it, Any improvement we make in our environment is a positive thing. Read where Porche was into a carbon neutral fuel that could save the ICE? interesting conversation
Exactly. More options are better, not worse. As long as there is scale to make them viable.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How about the US - and for that matter, the rest of the world - becomes independent of Mid-East oil so we dont have to GAF? A "strong and firm action" would be to do what is necessary to become energy independent while giving this douchebag a "strong and firm" extended middle finger.
We were energy independent until the stroke of a pen.
Sponsored