Vacuum Block/reference point

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
I've been digging through some previous posts but can't seem to find how anyone's vacuum block is actually set up.
I've been eyeing the Motion Raceworks vacuum block as well as their vacuum port as the setup looks really clean, however it seems that the vacuum port only works with 11-17 manifolds.
Going to be installing an on3 top mount kit here within the next couple months and this is the only subject that I don't have much experience on and would greatly appreciate any help/insight.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Attached is a picture of how I did it. This is with the 18 manifold. I T'd into the brake booster line, and then ran that to my distribution block. From the distribution block goes my BOV line, fuel pressure regulator line, and my boost gauge line.
IMG_20191012_135801.jpg

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
IMG_20190907_101426.jpg
IMG_20190907_101434.jpg

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Semi unrelated question...how did you get your inlet pipe to fit so perfectly?? I just recently switched to a 18 manifold and because of the increased inlet angle the silicon elbow has to bend quite a bit to fit right and it kind of puts a kink in it...

... I’m sure there’s a good “that’s what she said” in there somewhere.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Semi unrelated question...how did you get your inlet pipe to fit so perfectly?? I just recently switched to a 18 manifold and because of the increased inlet angle the silicon elbow has to bend quite a bit to fit right and it kind of puts a kink in it...

... I’m sure there’s a good “that’s what she said” in there somewhere.
By rotating the outlet tube from the intercooler to kind of point more at a slightly upward angle towards the throttle body, if that makes sense.

Sponsored

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
By rotating the outlet tube from the intercooler to kind of point more at a slightly upward angle towards the throttle body, if that makes sense.
Yeah it does but I feel like I tried that and no matter what I did it just wouldnt fit well. It was either ill fitting at the inlet or at the intercooler. Maybe I would have to readjust the whole system...I was only adjusting the final two pipes...

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Or scrap the Procharger inlet, and go here http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

This place has every conceivable silicone connector, aluminum pipe etc. to make any shape you want.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I simply cut, rotated and rewelded my gt350 maf tube. I didn't want to have a bend tighter than 90deg. Keeping piping bends to a minimum and reducing restriction between the blower and throttle body will net noticable gains. It's one of the main reasons my stock engine / p1sc combo went 9.01 at 150. Ok, that's it's for the free advice!
Sponsored