Sponsored

US keyfob programming to an EU car

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Has anyone else successfully had a US S550 Mustang keyfob reprogrammed to work with an EU Model? I have an Automatic so in theory all functions should work. Just wanted to know if anyone else had already done this so my journey is a little easier.

Surely this must be some the dealerships here can do?

Thoughts? Ideas?
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Has anyone else successfully had a US S550 Mustang keyfob reprogrammed to work with an EU Model? I have an Automatic so in theory all functions should work. Just wanted to know if anyone else had already done this so my journey is a little easier.

Surely this must be some the dealerships here can do?

Thoughts? Ideas?
US Auto's have Remote Start button, are you thinking that if you re-program then you will have RS?
:headbang::eyebulge:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
You can turn on remote start via Forscan, I think there is a way to programme the key I came across it a while ago as I was thinking of doing it myself but doesn't really work with a manual...

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I found the below on how to programme the key, however one thing to note you need to make sure the ID of the Key is the same as your Key ID when ordering.

Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key

Note: You can program a maximum of four intelligent access keys to your vehicle.

You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside your vehicle and the new unprogrammed intelligent access keys readily accessible. See an authorized dealer to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed keys are not available.

Make sure that your vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you perform any steps out of sequence.

Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.

1. Remove the rubber covering (A) from the cupholder. Place the first programmed key in the backup slot (B) at the bottom of the cupholder, then press the push button ignition switch.

2. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.

3. Remove the intelligent access key.

4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed intelligent access key in the backup slot. Press the push button ignition switch.

5. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.

6. Remove the intelligent access key.

7. Place the unprogrammed intelligent access key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch.

Programming is now complete. Verify the remote control functions operate and your vehicle starts with the new intelligent access key.

If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7. If you are still unsuccessful, take your vehicle to your authorized dealer.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
US Auto's have Remote Start button, are you thinking that if you re-program then you will have RS?
:headbang::eyebulge:
Exactly why. I got sick of having to remove the car cover in winter to heat up the car. This way, I just have to uncover the exhaust and I’m good to turn the engine over for 5 mins.

You can turn on remote start via Forscan, I think there is a way to programme the key I came across it a while ago as I was thinking of doing it myself but doesn't really work with a manual...
Do you happen to have that link somewhere? It’s likely I’ll have to have this done by the dealership but the more information, the better.

I found the below on how to programme the key, however one thing to note you need to make sure the ID of the Key is the same as your Key ID when ordering...
I think that hold true for a EU fob. I’ll give that method a go when the US fob shows up but I don’t think it will work as they have different functions to our EU ones.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
From memory the export mustangs miss more than just a key and some coding to activate remote start, there's some sensors and electrical gimmickry that isn't even on the car.

Much like getting line lock on an EBM, many thought it was just turning it on in forscan but there's some sensors etc that's required.

Could you programme the fob? Yes... will it work, i'll reserve judgements (But i do want it to work lol!)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
From memory the export mustangs miss more than just a key and some coding to activate remote start, there's some sensors and electrical gimmickry that isn't even on the car.

Much like getting line lock on an EBM, many thought it was just turning it on in forscan but there's some sensors etc that's required.

Could you programme the fob? Yes... will it work, i'll reserve judgements (But i do want it to work lol!)
a lot of electrical gimmickry, it don't just start the car, it locks the doors, has a display on the dash, has different time settings,. and remembers your last settings for the climate.
it also will not like it if the road is not flat, for safety reasons i suppose
It does puzzle me, its illegal over here, but you can get after market systems fitted :headbang:

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there is only one way to find out. If it doesn't work, anybody with an import want to buy a brand new oem keyfob? lol

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase

That's disappointing to hear. Can you remember where you may have discovered this? I'm having trouble finding any information at all about it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's disappointing to hear. Can you remember where you may have discovered this? I'm having trouble finding any information at all about it.
one of the arab guys tried it on our fb groups along with trying to get line lock; found out there was a bunch of shit needed to do it.

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
one of the arab guys tried it on our fb groups along with trying to get line lock; found out there was a bunch of shit needed to do it.
Well fingers crossed it's still 'doable' with small modifications. I'd absolutely love this feature. I guess we'll be pioneers. I'll definitely be trying when I get hold of my new 2018.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well fingers crossed it's still 'doable' with small modifications. I'd absolutely love this feature. I guess we'll be pioneers. I'll definitely be trying when I get hold of my new 2018.
I hope you both do to be honest. :thumbsup:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Manders thought you might be interested in this... Linelock on an EB....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96154

:thumbsup:
Yeahhh... but I have a cobb ap and can just do it on that; or do it with my feet ;)!

But yeah, I did see this a while back, it's quite interesting the things you can do with FORSCAN and a few sensors.
FWIW, they've managed to get the oil/boost gauges in the central cluster to work because of it :D!
Sponsored