US keyfob programming to an EU car

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Remote start, why would you want that function? Like global opening I cannot imagine what use it would be. Best to start the car & drive away not leaving it idling. If you used it & then your car was nicked with the engine running would your insurance pay up?
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Remote start, why would you want that function? Like global opening I cannot imagine what use it would be. Best to start the car & drive away not leaving it idling. If you used it & then your car was nicked with the engine running would your insurance pay up?
Think you will find car remains locked when started, a great feature in the winter that’s for sure, save going out and starting the car and leaving running for 10 minuets so it’s all nice and warm

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Think you will find car remains locked when started, a great feature in the winter that’s for sure, save going out and starting the car and leaving running for 10 minuets so it’s all nice and warm
My car is always garaged so I dont & wouldnt leave it idling to warm up. In my opinion its just another feature like keyless entry & start that makes it easier to steal you car. Anyhow mines a manual so remote start would not work.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
My car is always garaged so I dont & wouldnt leave it idling to warm up. In my opinion its just another feature like keyless entry & start that makes it easier to steal you car. Anyhow mines a manual so remote start would not work.

You press the Lock Button then start the car on the RS
The car is Locked, the same as it was before, only way to get into the car is with the key
Keyless entry, is all about making life easier, but of course with computers, there are very clever people who use their brains for bad means
Wait till we have drive-less cars, and they get hacked, just think of the damage they could do
Just think you are in your Brand New Merc Z45, state of the art, 150k job, on your way home, watching Big Bang season 102 and suddenly the car starts driving to somewhere you have not programmed it to, comms is down and the doors are locked, you stop and are surrounded by 2 masked men with lasers who tell you to get out and keep walking :headbang: and believe me that is not far off, Certain Governments have taken Hackers out of prison and are now working with them.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to why... For some people it's a very handy feature. Not only for winter months and being able to warm the car up (I believe the car is locked in this mode and I have a locked, gated drive anyway), but also being able to simply hear the car roar from outside the car before you get into it. It's also quite handy for diagnostic purposes when working on the car.

Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Perhaps I'm too sceptical about all the kit manufacturers load onto cars. Too much is something that is of no use to me, likely to go wrong & give you grief. I rejected a used Jag XF an ex demonstrator at a good price but loaded with almost every possible extra. Some kit is useful like central locking but waving your foot under the bumper to open the boot no thanks. Electronic parking brakes no, I rather have a proper brake lever , you never know when you might have to do a handbrake J turn to escape danger. If keyless entry had been a delete option I would not have had it as the bad boys hang around with their signal boosters/blockers, you think your car is safe but there it was- gone. I keep my keys in a tin at home to block the signal from the key.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Perhaps I'm too sceptical about all the kit manufacturers load onto cars. Too much is something that is of no use to me, likely to go wrong & give you grief. I rejected a used Jag XF an ex demonstrator at a good price but loaded with almost every possible extra. Some kit is useful like central locking but waving your foot under the bumper to open the boot no thanks. Electronic parking brakes no, I rather have a proper brake lever , you never know when you might have to do a handbrake J turn to escape danger. If keyless entry had been a delete option I would not have had it as the bad boys hang around with their signal boosters/blockers, you think your car is safe but there it was- gone. I keep my keys in a tin at home to block the signal from the key.
get one of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disklok-St...4&sr=8-1&keywords=disklok+steering+wheel+lock

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think we all have different experiences/opinions with these things. What works for one person may not work for the next. For e.g, my current 335d has the motion sensors under the boot and I use it all the time when I'm carrying stuff to the car (often). Hasn't failed me once and I find it immensely useful. The electronic parking brake is something I actually want to see more cars using. I drive an a3 occasionally and find the electronic brake to be pretty solid. In regards to the signal blockers... I'd never walk away from my car if I didn't hear the doors lock or the lights flash. Nor do I think the use of signal repeaters is that widespread enough that I need to be super concerned about it. Personally, I can't get enough of these new gadgets... maybe it's a generational thing, I'm barely into my thirties if that's any indication.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Police & insurers recommend you keep your keys in a tin or you can buy a metal mesh lined pouch to block the signal & use a mechanical immobiliser. Plenty of news stories of locked cars stolen from peoples homes without the key so it certainly happens. Videos of crooks outside someone's door hold a device while an accomplice opens the car & starts it then they are away
I have a Stoplock steering wheel immobiliser that I use after dark on public parking & isolated car parks. Keyless is supposed to make life easier, it does the opposite. The first car I had with electronic parking brake failed before I even got it home. We should be given the option to have this kit without having to buy a Dacia.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think we all have different experiences/opinions with these things. What works for one person may not work for the next. For e.g, my current 335d has the motion sensors under the boot and I use it all the time when I'm carrying stuff to the car (often). Hasn't failed me once and I find it immensely useful. The electronic parking brake is something I actually want to see more cars using. I drive an a3 occasionally and find the electronic brake to be pretty solid. In regards to the signal blockers... I'd never walk away from my car if I didn't hear the doors lock or the lights flash. Nor do I think the use of signal repeaters is that widespread enough that I need to be super concerned about it. Personally, I can't get enough of these new gadgets... maybe it's a generational thing, I'm barely into my thirties if that's any indication.
Im in my thirties and find a lot of the gardgets unnecessary gimmicks, such as an electronic handbrake and the keyless start. It's mostly marketing nonsense so manufacturers can jack up the price of a car. Usually goes down well with the Audi crowd, they're easily taken in.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
. Keyless is supposed to make life easier, it does the opposite. The first car I had with electronic parking brake failed before I even got it home. We should be given the option to have this kit without having to buy a Dacia.
Exactly, keyless is a pain in the backside!

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im in my thirties and find a lot of the gardgets unnecessary gimmicks, such as an electronic handbrake and the keyless start. It's mostly marketing nonsense so manufacturers can jack up the price of a car. Usually goes down well with the Audi crowd, they're easily taken in.
To each their own I guess. Neither you or I are correct, it's just matter of opinion.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I wouldn't want to be without tyre pressure sensors. Gimmick or not (and I realise they are now a legal requirement)

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
guys, this thread isn't about WHY someone would want this feature, its about if someone HAS A SOLUTION. I don't mean to be rude but your two cents on why you think its a useless feature aren't wanted OR welcomed. If you don't want this feature, I nor the world need to know about it.
Sponsored