Sponsored

UPR Oil Separator list for everyone interested.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
So, I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm not sure what color I want. What is "satin"? Is that like a matte black or what?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So, I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm not sure what color I want. What is "satin"? Is that like a matte black or what?
"Satin" basically looks like brushed aluminum. If you want black, you need to order black. It's kind of a semi gloss black, like what I show in post #172 above.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Just installed my 5030-98. Incredibly easy to install but I knew that already. My only question is about draining it. It has a hose fitting on the bottom of the can with a valve to open. I assume this is how you drain into a bottle/oil drain pan instead of unscrewing it? Seems like you have to remove the can from the quick mount either way.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just installed my 5030-98. Incredibly easy to install but I knew that already. My only question is about draining it. It has a hose fitting on the bottom of the can with a valve to open. I assume this is how you drain into a bottle/oil drain pan instead of unscrewing it? Seems like you have to remove the can from the quick mount either way.
Yes, the best thing to do is remove the catch-can to drain it in case there is any oil spilled during draining. The quick release hose fittings makes it easy to remove and reinstall.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
dubster99-
Did you have to remove the strut tower brace to get the engine cover off to install catch can?

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
The engine cover can come out without taking out the shock tower brace. It's tight, but lots of people have done it.

Personally, I just wedged it far enough out of the way to remove the clip and put the new one on without actually removing the cover. At the time I didn't realize it would come out and I didn't want to damage it.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
dubster99-
Did you have to remove the strut tower brace to get the engine cover off to install catch can?
Nope. I've had it off multiple times doing injectors, catch can, etc. It slides out no problem. Don't be worried about scratching it...it won't scratch. It'll feel like its sticking, just keep wiggling it out.

Yellowjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Car
Glad you like it. Make sure to post a picture of it in our section when its installed. :cheers:
Can anyone tell me if the Remote Mount for this UPR catch can is necessary at all? I read it helps with condensation, but what is the real advantage; More oil caught??

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Can anyone tell me if the Remote Mount for this UPR catch can is necessary at all? I read it helps with condensation, but what is the real advantage; More oil caught??
The real advantage is it's solid mounted and the hoses and mounting location help with the condensation and coalescing. In turn collecting more oil and improving protection.

Yellowjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Car
The real advantage is it's solid mounted and the hoses and mounting location help with the condensation and coalescing. In turn collecting more oil and improving protection.

What do you mean by "solid mounted"?

Does this have instructions on where to mount with the remote connector?

I'm getting the can, just trying to decide if I want the remote extra and how/where to mount it.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean by "solid mounted"?

Does this have instructions on where to mount with the remote connector?

I'm getting the can, just trying to decide if I want the remote extra and how/where to mount it.

It mounts to the radiator support just behind the passengers headlight. By solid mount he means it mounts directly to the radiator support by the included brackets as opposed to the plug and play can that just hangs off the motor by its hoses and also sits on top of the radiator hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellowjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Car
It mounts to the radiator support just behind the passengers headlight. By solid mount he means it mounts directly to the radiator support by the included brackets as opposed to the plug and play can that just hangs off the motor by its hoses and also sits on top of the radiator hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool. Thanks Jmeo!:D

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the model mounted near the RH side of the radiator. I also mentioned earlier in this thread that you guys do not need to take the plastic shroud off the top of the radiator. You can easily install the can without removing the shroud as shown in the instructions. Saved a lot of time and hassle IMO to not mess with the shroud.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
It literally took me 3 minutes to remove the shroud.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ No use removing the shroud if you don't really need to. Why risk damaging something or loosing parts.
Sponsored