OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I'm sure they put in 15 hours. I am doing this by myself in stages when I get time. Very complicated car and all parts plastic and put together firm but delicate at same time. I got everything tucked away and starting to look good. I got it fired up and sound is so so. I haven't dialed it in or tuned anything yet. Just wanted to make sure it works before putting door panels and interior back together. Will get everything back together and start tuning. here are some picks. Got the crossovers and DQ61 tuning control in glovebox. DQ61 will go under passenger seat. Amp, cap and wiring in spare tire well. It's alive, works but got get it back together. Picks enclosed.
20160328_185423_resized.jpg
20160329_150911_resized.jpg
20160329_151148_resized.jpg
Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
they put my rear crossovers mounted upside down on the rear panel. the front ones, im not sure but i think behind the kick panel by foot. Mounted sub in factory location and mounted amp and line control in the spare tire well, all keeping the pump and big black holder for it in there as well. They said they solder all the wires so they never come loose. I for sure would not want to attempt this one.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Do you guys think there are decent gains to be had by simply replacing the stock speakers with better ones? Especially if one isn't looking for a high-volume setup, but rather something a bit cleaner with better highs and lows?

-T

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Do you guys think there are decent gains to be had by simply replacing the stock speakers with better ones? Especially if one isn't looking for a high-volume setup, but rather something a bit cleaner with better highs and lows?

-T

Yea I'm looking for the same thing.. Just want stock replacements with cleaner sound

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got system done and everything back in place less center dash speaker cover over. Just did some pre dialing it in. System sounds strong and 100's times better than stock. I got some bass and volume now.

As for just upgrading stock speakers with replacements it may work but you would need very efficient speakers either with lower than a 4ohm load or a highly efficient signal to noise ratio with db over 92 minimum to even notice a difference.

Per the base setup the doors have the mid bass, tweeters in pillars and just dual cone full range in rear deck. I think this system is very efficient for lack of power. Speakers just don't have any guts. Made more for sound not bass or response.

Just my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here some picks of car back together. Will postmortem complete pics later
20160330_162848_resized.jpg
20160330_162906_resized.jpg

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
This is how my system turned out, much better than stock!
IMG_8487 copy.JPG

IMG_8488 copy.JPG

IMG_8489 copy.JPG

IMG_8494 copy.JPG

IMG_8495 copy.JPG

IMG_8496 copy.JPG

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Actually this is how I put myself through college about 30 years ago. Just a little planning and Google will help you get through it. The first major hurdle is the head unit. I am not touching it or drilling into the car at all. Keep it stock for resale value. So to get signal from the head unit I am taking signal off of all speakers and putting them into a signal processor. I am using the audio control DQ-61 for this which will sum all signals together and separate up to 6 channels out for amplifiers. On this unit it is also an equalizer. After that just upgrade speakers. I am actually getting ready to go out to the garage and start on it again. Keep you posted
So if I'm understanding this correctly (my car audio knowledge is...lets say lacking), if I want to run upgraded speakers but no sub, you recommend:

Stock Head Unit
Upgraded Speakers
Signal Processor
Small Amp

Is this correct? So I'll need to have new wires ran from Head Unit to Signal Processor, Signal Processor to Amp, Amp to Speakers? Do you just discard the stock spaker wires? I figured a decent set of speakers will add the low end punch I need but not take up trunk space and be heavy. Or maybe add a sub in the rear seat area? I'm taking out my back seats on day one.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is how my system turned out, much better than stock!
IMG_8487 copy.JPG

IMG_8488 copy.JPG

IMG_8489 copy.JPG

IMG_8494 copy.JPG

IMG_8495 copy.JPG

IMG_8496 copy.JPG
Nice setup. The audio control interface is where it is at. I think if I had to do all this over again I would have used the LQ6 like you did and run a passive preamp EQ instead of the DQ61. Too many adjustments for EQ, soundstage, time delay, etc.

All I can say is anything is better than stock. I still have to mill out the center dash panel for sound to come through and interface my iPad mini and full telemetry for engine diagnostics, track time, etc.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I'm understanding this correctly (my car audio knowledge is...lets say lacking), if I want to run upgraded speakers but no sub, you recommend:

Stock Head Unit
Upgraded Speakers
Signal Processor
Small Amp

Is this correct? So I'll need to have new wires ran from Head Unit to Signal Processor, Signal Processor to Amp, Amp to Speakers? Do you just discard the stock spaker wires? I figured a decent set of speakers will add the low end punch I need but not take up trunk space and be heavy. Or maybe add a sub in the rear seat area? I'm taking out my back seats on day one.
Yes.

It is alot of work but now that I did it. I can run it down in an outlined form later tonight and what I would do ALL OVER AGAIN to get the best results for the least amount of money and what equipment I think would be best suited for the best ROI.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Beautiful setup Disney! Those Stealthboxes by JL aren't cheap! Just looked! Looks great though!

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful setup Disney! Those Stealthboxes by JL aren't cheap! Just looked! Looks great though!
thank you! i do wish that box was cheaper, but it does sound great, so now there are no regrets with it. The sub looks really big compared to our ecoboost mustang with shaker in it, i think that has an 8" sub and this JL Audio had the 12".

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice setup. The audio control interface is where it is at. I think if I had to do all this over again I would have used the LQ6 like you did and run a passive preamp EQ instead of the DQ61. Too many adjustments for EQ, soundstage, time delay, etc.

All I can say is anything is better than stock. I still have to mill out the center dash panel for sound to come through and interface my iPad mini and full telemetry for engine diagnostics, track time, etc.
DO you need to tap into the signal from all speakers (at least F/R) or can you get away with just 2 channels?

Joe Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (on order)
Are you trying to drowned out the beautiful music coming from your exhaust!? :shrug: To each their own but those melodies the FPC is producing should be triple platinum.
I'm with you. If you are worried about the sound system in a Shelby GT 350 you don't get this car. Just turn up your right foot. When I got my 13 Boss 302 I though the stereo was weak, and it was. So I turned it off and very quickly discovered where the REAL music came from. Can't wait till my 350R gets here!
Sponsored