OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Best Florida shop I know is Octave Car Audio in Orlando... but then you'd have to go to Orlando. Best shop in the USA, IMO, is Simplicity in Sound in San Francisco perhaps tied with Musicar Northwest in Portland, Oregon.
I'm sure there are good shops all over. Just can't get around and probably the best are not even heard of that much. The shop in Florida I was referring to which I don't want to mention was north of their by a couple of hours. I was in Duluth Georgia a couple weeks ago on business.

Like I said this corporate position has me working a100 hours a week usually and I do some other things on the side on the weekends because I own the building in Chicago still. I tried helping My brother by funding a RC shop there for now and then I dabble with some other items.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks

Is it possible to tap into all of the signals at the head unit or do you need to route wire from each speaker location?
I tapped all the signals right at speaker location vs. Cutting into the stock wiring harness in the middle.

Here is what I used to accomplish this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-AWG-Gaug...111503?hash=item5d4df8d48f:g:w9kAAOSwDk5TvsmK

It is 4 conductor 16 ga shielded wire with jacket. The jacket helps protect the wire being run. You will use 2 leads white & green to take signal out from speaker lead to interface and then run amplified signal back in to the other 2 leads red & black. Literally 1 run both sets of wires in the 1 sleeve. Also the speaker wire is heavier duty since it is for burial and through wall. Just built better for abuse. You will need approx. 100'. I literally ran 4' short but I have a lot of wiring going. So hope this helps

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
I tapped all the signals right at speaker location vs. Cutting into the stock wiring harness in the middle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-AWG-Gaug...111503?hash=item5d4df8d48f:g:w9kAAOSwDk5TvsmK

It is 4 conductor 16 ga shielded wire with jacket. The jacket helps protect the wire being run. You will use 2 leads white & green to take signal out from speaker lead to interface and then run amplified signal back in to the other 2 leads red & black. Literally 1 run both sets of wires in the 1 sleeve. Also the speaker wire is heavier duty since it is for burial and through wall. Just built better for abuse. You will need approx. 100'. I literally ran 4' short but I have a lot of wiring going. So hope this helps

thats exactly what they used when they did mine!

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes

When you say you "tapped" signal at all speaker locations, how exactly did you tap them? Is there a connector that can be used or do you have to cut and splice each individual wire?

Sponsored

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say you "tapped" signal at all speaker locations, how exactly did you tap them? Is there a connector that can be used or do you have to cut and splice each individual wire?

Where plug goes to factory speaker. You can either back off some of the cloth tape and either cut leads or just splice or find a pin connection to go into factory plug. I actually cut the plug off and used butt connectors to tap into the lead. I kept all the plugs so if the system has to be returned to stock.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone seen this yet?
Pretty cool upgrade, but as far as i can tell, it just gives you navigation and a larger touch screen. Don't see any provisions for upgrading sound quality....?

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Has anyone seen this yet?
That is a great tutorial to upgrade the base and track stereos to a tech version. I wonder if Sirius and navigationwill become a functional option and if the dual zone climate will actually work as in the tech cars. Looks easy enough to swap out for sure.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
That is a great tutorial to upgrade the base and track stereos to a tech version. I wonder if Sirius and navigationwill become a functional option and if the dual zone climate will actually work as in the tech cars. Looks easy enough to swap out for sure.
Add a JL audio 12" Stealthbox and sound will improve immensely. Testing to see if I NEED to change anything else. Have a long road trip coming up and will report.

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is his review showing how it all works....

[ame]

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
I did the rear seat Delete....
Did you do the work or was it by chance Earmark?

Earmark was pointing me to what I think are the Audison speakers you have. A coax speaker for the back and the 6.5" component for the doors and pillars.

I'm not going to do anything else except change the speakers. They sounded pretty good at the store of course, but not sure if $600 of speakers with the stock Track Pack radio will be worth it. The sounded much better then the Hertz speakers... but not sure if the Audison are overkill for the stock base radio.

With other bits and pieces and labor, its $1000.

Just not sure If it is worth it...

I would not mind giving a try at doing it myself. I'm more of a mechanic than interior audio person. That would save some money. I just don't no have difficult or forgiving the interior bits are on this car.

I'm wondering if theses will work to adapt the speakers to the Ford openings in both the doors and rear tray.
http://metraonline.com/part/82-5605

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i have the tech pack, left the stock radio in, added the jl audio rear sub and all jl audio speakers with an amp. it sounds really clear now! was worth it for me!
Sponsored