Sponsored

Upgrading stock GT350 Stereo and more

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've noticed that bluetooth music from my iphone, which has an equalizer, sounds much better than Sirius radio.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I've noticed that bluetooth music from my iphone, which has an equalizer, sounds much better than Sirius radio.
Anything is going to sound better than Sirius which has limited dynamic range over the air. A good option if you like some specific content on Sirius is to use their app on your phone and stream it over USB or Bluetooth to the car.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
I think the sound is truly terrible and I'm looking to fix this for very little money.

I have to say, though, the sound when my iPhone was plugged in the USB port was noticeably better than the sound from any other source, including Bluetooth. I have no idea why this is the case.

And I'm going to try putting a portable DAC between the iPhone and the USB port and hear what happens.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I think the sound is truly terrible and I'm looking to fix this for very little money.

I have to say, though, the sound when my iPhone was plugged in the USB port was noticeably better than the sound from any other source, including Bluetooth. I have no idea why this is the case.

And I'm going to try putting a portable DAC between the iPhone and the USB port and hear what happens.
had the same perception. Bluetooth volume is way more quiet, even with the volume on my phone all the way up. When i hook up my ipod to usb, or my phone to usb, the stereo is like 300% louder. Seems pretty bizarre.

While the bottom end still kind of sucks, i didnt expect the volume to be that different. it is not that way in my previous generation Sync cars.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Good question. In the Ford accessory catalog in the mustang section, it shows the shaker subwoofer as a separate accessory item. I think you would need a power source and the ability to tap into the head unit or splice existing speaker wires to make it work.
What we have been doing in many mustang's for Ford dealers 15 and 16 is kicker sub and amp it's the VSS series SMUS05 and add 4 channel KX400'4 and 4 KS6.5 Speakers that will wake up the sound.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
What we have been doing in many mustang's for Ford dealers 15 and 16 is kicker sub and amp it's the VSS series SMUS05 and add 4 channel KX400'4 and 4 KS6.5 Speakers that will wake up the sound.
That is a slick looking little sub box.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

6.5 speakers are plug and play or modification is necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The "Premium Audio" system in my '16 GT350 tech was anything but premium. Truly astounding on a $60k car. We needed a Kenwood amp., DSP, and 10" sub, plus Focal component speakers, tweeters just to bring it up to bearable. Inspecting the factory speakers after being pulled reveals the cheapest, lightest speakers I've ever seen. The rear speakers (made in China) appear to have no magnets at all. The front center speaker is for SYNC and Nav only.

Last edited:

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
If one was to pull the rear seats, would there be any reason to replace the rear speakers? Or could I just toss the stock speakers and leave the grates in for appearance? I want the lightest upgraded setup (for the front occupants) I can get and I am just curious what is absolutely necessary for sound quality? Thanks.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Started working on the stereo again. Box is done however I forgot to take a pic. Running 2 PPI 13" shallow mount subs running 2 ohm load. Rethought the sound system a bit after reading someone else's post about just removing the box when they go to track. Changed box to subs only. Originally all amp, cap and wiring was going to be on back side. So I revised and made a mounting plate for spare tire area using the air compressor holder as a main mounting point so nothing slides around. Amp and Cap mounted will start tomorrow taking passengers seat out for hiding the audio control DQ-61 wiring harness and stock stereo interface. Dash apart and making midrange plate for dash. I am also planning something different which I think will be trick. Waiting for parts but looking to put an iPad mini in dash for controls for stereo balancing, camera view, song library, navigation and trying to figure out a way to incorporate gauges and diagnostics that are hidden for track time temps, warnings, etc. Will keep everyone posted as it goes.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Crazyfish, this will be quite an elaborate setup. You seem to be quite the audio expert, so for us guys who are just looking to enhance sound without changing the head unit and using existing speaker placement, what recommendation for components would you make?

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crazyfish, this will be quite an elaborate setup. You seem to be quite the audio expert, so for us guys who are just looking to enhance sound without changing the head unit and using existing speaker placement, what recommendation for components would you make?
Actually this is how I put myself through college about 30 years ago. Just a little planning and Google will help you get through it. The first major hurdle is the head unit. I am not touching it or drilling into the car at all. Keep it stock for resale value. So to get signal from the head unit I am taking signal off of all speakers and putting them into a signal processor. I am using the audio control DQ-61 for this which will sum all signals together and separate up to 6 channels out for amplifiers. On this unit it is also an equalizer. After that just upgrade speakers. I am actually getting ready to go out to the garage and start on it again. Keep you posted

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Actually this is how I put myself through college about 30 years ago. Just a little planning and Google will help you get through it. The first major hurdle is the head unit. I am not touching it or drilling into the car at all. Keep it stock for resale value. So to get signal from the head unit I am taking signal off of all speakers and putting them into a signal processor. I am using the audio control DQ-61 for this which will sum all signals together and separate up to 6 channels out for amplifiers. On this unit it is also an equalizer. After that just upgrade speakers. I am actually getting ready to go out to the garage and start on it again. Keep you posted
Thanks for the info. Do you have a speaker preference? Looking forward to seeing the completed job :cheers:

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the car about 80% out to start getting the final install going. I pulled the battery and tray to get to wire harness thru firewall only to find out it is not there. I will take wheel well liner out to hopefully get the main amp power through there. Got dash out. Inner rocker plastic trim out. Rear seat base out and passenger seat out. Lots a work. Hopefully it will start going together quick. Running the wires tonight hopefully. Here are some Picks on what I have done. Little plate w 2mids for center dash. Will post when I get further.
20160314_182351_resized.jpg
20160314_180705_resized.jpg
20160314_180633_resized.jpg
20160314_180618_resized.jpg
Sponsored