Sponsored

Upgrading stock GT350 Stereo and more

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Great start! I didn't realize the factor radio had a center channel or is that just for the sync?

Keep the pics coming!
Sponsored

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Great start! I didn't realize the factor radio had a center channel or is that just for the sync?

Keep the pics coming!
The premium mustang package has 1 3.5" speaker in the center dash for imaging. My gt350 did not but I am modifying the opening to accommodate the 2 midrange for imaging. We will see how this works.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have been working on the system. It is going slow. Had major trouble getting the little panel off behind the pull handle. finally got. was able to get center midrange mounted in dash. Ran a fair amount of wiring. Will work on system tomorrow. Hopefully get close. this system has turned out to be a big chore. All panels mounted very very tight and hard to remove. Will keep you posted.
20160315_165837_resized.jpg
20160318_144031_resized.jpg
20160318_144037_resized.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's some awesome work! Are you going to Woodward Dream Cruise in August? I'd love to hear it!

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's some awesome work! Are you going to Woodward Dream Cruise in August? I'd love to hear it!
Is that in Michigan? If so I can try to make a point to put some business with pleasure trip together.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes. It's miles of cars and cruising. Youtube it. Ferndale is the part of town that Ford takes over and where "Mustang Alley" is. Ferndale is a cool town and has tons of bars and restaurants. A few years ago, someone won a 1 of 1 Boss 302 LS in a charity raffle there.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back into town and put a few hours into the sound system. Took drivers door off and tapped stereo leads, ran wiring into car and through dash to passenger side. Mounted Hertz Mid bass in door. Also did the same with pillar tweeter. Ran wires, installed tweeter, etc. Hoping to get passenger side done same. Then run ALL wiring to interface module, run amp connections and maybe fire it up to make sure everything works before buttoning it all up. I'd rather drive the car but today it was rain and snow so I will get this stereo right first. Should be close or done on weekend?
20160324_164624_resized.jpg
20160324_164635_resized.jpg

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You will not need another power source, just run wire from battery in engine bay.

Suggest either Audison Bit 10d, Audison Bit One, Rockford Fosgate 360.3 for processors. Those are the easiest to learn. There are better ones, but harder to grasp the full potential of so why pay for it if you'll probably never use it?

Hertz speakers are good. I'm going to install Hertz Mille Legend 3-ways up front and leave the rear speakers as-is, fading to the front always. No reason for rear speakers if you want the ultimate in technically correct sound quality. You're not watching movies, you don't need to hear the airplane fly behind you...

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
You will not need another power source, just run wire from battery in engine bay.

Suggest either Audison Bit 10d, Audison Bit One, Rockford Fosgate 360.3 for processors. Those are the easiest to learn. There are better ones, but harder to grasp the full potential of so why pay for it if you'll probably never use it?

Hertz speakers are good. I'm going to install Hertz Mille Legend 3-ways up front and leave the rear speakers as-is, fading to the front always. No reason for rear speakers if you want the ultimate in technically correct sound quality. You're not watching movies, you don't need to hear the airplane fly behind you...
''

You going to do anything for additional base? How many Hertz Mille are you putting in? Will you need to run an additional amp or anything for those speakers?

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to work on the stereo on Sunday again and tucking away wiring and getting close to firing it up.

Got the interface sorted out and neutered things up.
20160326_185637_resized.jpg
20160328_181204_resized.jpg
20160328_185359_resized.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, lots of work. Did you run all new speaker wire?

Yes as well as new power and remote leads. Actually tapped off of each existing speaker lead and ran that wire to the DQ61 to sum all frequencies. Then preamp out of DQ61 to amp. Then ran more wire from amp to new speakers. Yes lots of work. Hope it is works as good as I hope.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
posted this in another thread

After 15 hours in the shop, i finally got my speakers and amp all hooked up. Im sure it was not all 15 hours working on it, as they had other cars, but i brought it in a 9am and when i went back at 5 pm, they said there were slammed all day and had to call Ford about the location of wires and amp, which of course being a GT350 with Technology package does not have an amp but some ford guys said it did, so that slowed it down.

They put in all jl audio in it. C5-650 up front.C3-650 in the rear, HD900/5 amp, Stealthbox by jl audio in the rear trunk side just like factory and an audio control mod LC6I.

It sounded very loud and clear. they worked on it until 1230 am last night finishing it and there was 3 of them. i was there so i know they worked and did not mess around. they did turn the volume on amp down after tuning it to give them time to break in and said come back in a week and they will retune it and it will be done.