Sponsored

Upgrading from stage 2 to 3 Ford performance pack

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Maybe someone whose done this can chime.

F150/ 2018 manifolds is a lot more affordable then a GT350 manifold. Some have had bad experience with the GT350 throttle and put the stock TB back on to fix the issue.

Does adding a F150/ 2018 manifold make any power difference with the ford PP2 tune?

How about the Roush stage 1 and 2 kits? Stage 1 has CAI and tune, stage 2 adds cat back exhaust.

I already have the Roush quad exhaust installed when bought the car. Will adding the Roush stage 1 kit make a noticable power increase?

Just want to hear story's to convince me to keep putting money into the supercharger fund instead.

Thanks
Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Maybe someone whose done this can chime.

F150/ 2018 manifolds is a lot more affordable then a GT350 manifold. Some have had bad experience with the GT350 throttle and put the stock TB back on to fix the issue.

Does adding a F150/ 2018 manifold make any power difference with the ford PP2 tune?

How about the Roush stage 1 and 2 kits? Stage 1 has CAI and tune, stage 2 adds cat back exhaust.

I already have the Roush quad exhaust installed when bought the car. Will adding the Roush stage 1 kit make a noticable power increase?

Just want to hear story's to convince me to keep putting money into the supercharger fund instead.

Thanks
The 18 manifold helped my PP2 car. Lost a lil in the 4-5 range but picked up alot on the big end. Installing the IMRC this weekend to see how it helps.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
From all the info that I've read so far, F150 manifold is better for low end power, while 2018 GT manifold adds more power in the upper range. The 2018 manifold is somewhere between the stock 2015-2017 manifold and GT350 manifold in terms of power.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The 18 manifold helped my PP2 car. Lost a lil in the 4-5 range but picked up alot on the big end. Installing the IMRC this weekend to see how it helps.
Did you get a dyno graph for that change? Also do you plan on running it again after adding back the IRMCs?

I'm curious how the manifold does with and without those.

OP
OP

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I don't have a tune on my car.
I bought the car with a Roush quad exhaust. I'm installing the Roush CAI soon. Not sure if Roush sells the tune/ dongle by itself. Or should I get a used/ unmarried SCT tuner. Then who to go with for tune?

Last edited:

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Most of the aftermarket tuners have figured out how to use the GT350 TB now a days. Back when people first started hotrodding the GT with the intake, nobody knew how to tune the TB. Now that Ford Performance offers two different tunes with it, the 3rd parties caught on and figured out how to do the same.

Since you already have the PP2, you can find several aftermarket tunes for the GT350 that will use the hardware you already have (including the TB). The 2018 manifold is new. I haven’t seen any dyno comparisons between the Ford Racing Power Packs and a custom tune with a 2018 manifold.

My fear is you would be giving up the low and midrange power from the PP2, but still also not quite have the top end of the GT350 if you dump what you have. That’s a lot to give up for 5-600 RPM more than the stock manifold. Your giving up a lot for it IMHO.
Sponsored