Upgrade Exhaust Question

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
Hi Everyone, I just got a 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1 6 Speed with 301A Package has active exhaust, i want it louder and looking to replace the exhaust with a Corsa Full Exhaust, does anyone know if by removing the previous exhaust will remove the active exhaust valves?
Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I agree, try an h or xpipe with the stock active first. But to answer your question yes, the stock mufflers have the actuators and valves as components. Remove them, and no more active.
Wish I had Active Exhaust! I wasn’t aware it was built into the mufflers.
OP, do yourself a favor, and keep active exhaust. It would be so incredibly nice to turn it down/up.
The “H-Pipe” method, which is incredibly cheap, I’m guessing would be an excellent option for you. Utilizes the factory mufflers, and creates an amazing sound, and with Active - you can turn it up/down.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I did the H-Pipe swap, makes the car sound better but in higher rpms still seems quiet. Looking for some axle backs, not sure which to get. I had Roush on the 16 GT but might want to try something different. When I did the H-Pipe swap it had some drone and almost you can "feel" it lol. GL

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I just installed a roush h pipe on a 2021 active exhaust.

Simple cut and clamp. It reuses factory clamps on the header side. No heat shield is cut.

Volume is much louder. Pitch is lower. The roar is more authentic. Low rps <2.5k with low throttle aren't too loud in track anything more and it screams. I'd say louder than a harley by quite a bit. Quiet mode is still quiet. Not much louder than stock. If anything.

Sport mode is loud with less busting ear drums roar.

Cold start sounds like a bomb went off. Like i laughed my ass off first time. And immediately put it on quiet start 24/7.

It's loud, no one will mistake it for a stock car. Keep in mind i didn't think stock in track mode was loud. All my friends thought it was.

Decibel meters have shown it's 5 Decibels louder in each mode. Which is about 2x louder.
Sponsored