Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
My dealer just sent me an updated (2018-05-07) Vehicle Status Report.

Still shows:
Schd Date - 06/25
Status/Rail Car Date - 06/28
Status/Rail Car Description - Scheduled
DL ETA - TBD

So it looks like everything is still on schedule for mid-July dealer delivery. ;-)
Great to hear Alan. Very exciting.

I checked with my dealer the other day, and nothing. Just curious, what day did your dealer place your order and what Priority code did they use, if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Great to hear Alan. Very exciting.

I checked with my dealer the other day, and nothing. Just curious, what day did your dealer place your order and what Priority code did they use, if you don't mind me asking?
The order was placed on 2018-04-18 (what I believe was the first day the Ford systems would take Bullitt orders from the Canadian dealerships)

Order Date: 04/19/18
Order No: A001
Priority: 10
Order Type: 1
Ord Code: 500A

Trust yours will be in the same mix, Brett.

Not all dealers seem to get or are as interested in digging for info as mine. I've got a good and very long-term relationship with them. They, so far, have been able and willing to get me info when I've requested it. They're fairly big, with 29 dealerships in Canada and now looking at moving into Texas and Florida.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
The order was placed on 2018-04-18 (what I believe was the first day the Ford systems would take Bullitt orders from the Canadian dealerships)

Order Date: 04/19/18
Order No: A001
Priority: 10
Order Type: 1
Ord Code: 500A

Trust yours will be in the same mix, Brett.

Not all dealers seem to get or are as interested in digging for info as mine. I've got a good and very long-term relationship with them. They, so far, have been able and willing to get me info when I've requested it. They're fairly big, with 29 dealerships in Canada and now looking at moving into Texas and Florida.
My order went in on 04/17/18, as follows:
Order No: V193
Priority: 20
Order Type:2
Ord. Code: 500A

Whatever all that means in the Grande scheme of things...

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Priority 20 is low. 10 is the best the dealer can give you. If your dealer actually has allocation, his rep should be able to tell him when the order will be pulled.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Priority 20 is low. 10 is the best the dealer can give you. If your dealer actually has allocation, his rep should be able to tell him when the order will be pulled.
I have being doing some research and it seams retail orders are 10-19 and stock orders are 20+. Also order type 1 is retail and order type 2 is stock. So it appears that the dealer has put in a "stock" order rather than a "retail" order, even thought I have "ordered" the car, and given them a deposit and ordered the configuration I wanted. I guess the intention of the dealer was to order the vehicle with or without my order, although given that I have given them a deposit, not sure why they would not change it to a "retail" order. Guess I may have to talk to the dealer.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have being doing some research and it seams retail orders are 10-19 and stock orders are 20+. Also order type 1 is retail and order type 2 is stock. So it appears that the dealer has put in a "stock" order rather than a "retail" order, even thought I have "ordered" the car, and given them a deposit and ordered the configuration I wanted. I guess the intention of the dealer was to order the vehicle with or without my order, although given that I have given them a deposit, not sure why they would not change it to a "retail" order. Guess I may have to talk to the dealer.
Sometimes stock orders get built before retail orders depending on the way things shake out. It seems like it's 50/50 whether a stock order hurts or helps you get a car faster, but maybe the dealer did that in an attempt to try getting you the car sooner? :shrug:

You don't get the cool "special order" window sticker with a stock order though. Priority codes can be changed I think so maybe they could switch it to a retail order by assigning a 10-19 priority code if you wanted?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes stock orders get built before retail orders depending on the way things shake out. It seems like it's 50/50 whether a stock order hurts or helps you get a car faster, but maybe the dealer did that in an attempt to try getting you the car sooner? :shrug:

You don't get the cool "special order" window sticker with a stock order though. Priority codes can be changed I think so maybe they could switch it to a retail order by assigning a 10-19 priority code if you wanted?
Thanks Matt. This is a seriously "cool" car as it is, so I am not concerned about the cool "special order" sticker lol.... I'm taking my Escape in for a service next week, so that's a good excuse to "pop in" to the sales department and have a chat about the status of my car....I just don't want the thing showing up in the winter as it will not be a daily driver.... We are due for a mild winter after two crappy ones, although a crappy winter here is considered a mild one in Alan's neck of the woods...lol

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
There isn't a standard for what numbers get assigned to each type of order. There might be a personal preference at a particular dealership because the person placing the orders wants things ultra organized. The dealer can assign any number they want from 10-99. The number is simply the way the dealer tells the person at Ford which order they want pulled first, i.e. which one is more important to them.

Last edited:

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
.... We are due for a mild winter after two crappy ones, although a crappy winter here is considered a mild one in Alan's neck of the woods...lol
Our winters have been changing here as well. 2017-2018 was one of the easiest winters on record, but 2016-2017 was a heavy one. There have been enough changes that things now seem to be very much in flux currently.

Having lived in Vancouver and Prince George, I'll take Vancouver, Halifax, then Prince George in order of preferred winter climates. The proliferation of Gore-Tex gear makes the sogginess of Vancouver winters far more bearable now. ;-)

Good luck with the dealer Brett. Hope you get an update and a copy of the Vehicle Status Report.

Sponsored

RCrumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Tech Pkg
Anyone else on here from Ontario Canada heard anything about their orders? I placed a deposit on March 29th and to date I can't get anything from my SVT dealer re pricing, availability, due dates, nothing, squat, didly.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else on here from Ontario Canada heard anything about their orders? I placed a deposit on March 29th and to date I can't get anything from my SVT dealer re pricing, availability, due dates, nothing, squat, didly.
It shouldn't matter what province you are in. Ford Canada treats all the provinces basically the same.

I would suggest that there is something wrong with your dealership or the person you are dealing with there.

1. Have they told you that they have allocation?
  2. Have they told you that YOU have one?
  3. Ask for a copy of your "Vehicle Order Confirmation". It will have your name on it, and the full price breakdown.
If they can't give you that you need to get serious with them.
Dealerships in Canada have known if they have allocation, or been able to find out if they do, since approximately April 10th or so and been able to place orders within the system as of April 18th.

I got my VIN on April 30th.

Go see your salesperson in person. If they can't give you the answers to the above, ask to speak with the Sales Manager (new cars). They have your money, and they know whether or not they have placed an order for you. They owe you proper feedback/communication. If you don't get satisfactory answers from your dealer than contact Ford of Canada and show them you deposit receipt and explain to them that the dealer is not giving you any information.

RCrumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Tech Pkg
Cheers AC53. I'm not getting anything from them. They might be playing games with their allotment.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Cheers AC53. I'm not getting anything from them. They might be playing games with their allotment.
It certainly can't be a comforting feeling, to not know if that is the case or not.

Don't be angry or abusive, but be very firm and direct.

I think the thing to do is approach it with the attitude that they have placed your order but have made a poor job of keeping you informed.

First thing I would do is simply go in and ask them for a copy of the "Vehicle Order Confirmation". If they have that then they can give you more.

If they can't provide that then you need to get answers. That may require that you contact Ford of Canada if the dealership is not helpful. If they've screwed up that should have been apparent to them sometime around April 18th or within a few days after that.

If they have indeed messed up and have kept that from you and still kept your money, I would start talking to Ford of Canada and ask them how they plan on fixing their mess and making things right.

RCrumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Tech Pkg
Cheers. When I deal, I deal professionally and expect that same. This just doesn't seem right, despite this being a long standing Ford/SVT dealership.
Sponsored