Sponsored

Uhhh How Does This Happen!?

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
And then there's this:

"Millions of Ford vehicles dating back to 2010, including the popular Fusion and F-150, feature two-piece lug nuts with a steel core and chrome, aluminum, or stainless cap for appearance purposes, the lawsuit claims. That outer cap can swell, potentially endangering owners’ lives and wallets."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/08/looks-like-ford-problem-nuts/

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I talked to my wife and she says me noticing the first one disappearing is about a day or so around when we got my notice about "Dangerous speeding."

This is referring to an incident when on my way to work (pitch black) a man and his kid were walking in the middle of the road. They yelled, flicked me off because I almost hit them. They were in complete black, and didn't see them. A day later we got a notice, and about two days after that, washing my car, I noticed the first one had disappeared.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And then there's this:

"Millions of Ford vehicles dating back to 2010, including the popular Fusion and F-150, feature two-piece lug nuts with a steel core and chrome, aluminum, or stainless cap for appearance purposes, the lawsuit claims. That outer cap can swell, potentially endangering owners’ lives and wallets."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/08/looks-like-ford-problem-nuts/
Doesn't refer to the Mustangs though. I've never heard anything in relation to the Mustangs doing this...I HAVE heard of this issuing happening. Something this long documented (seven years now) to not have the Mustangs MIGHT rule this out.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Some things I think I've learned from this somewhat bizarre thread that the op can do.

Slow down...especially at night.
Loud exhaust? Try to keep it really quiet or go back to stock.

Park in garage? If not, camera pointed at car at all times.
Move to a non hoa neighborhood.
Dress down in public so people are more excepting and less threatened by whatever "uniform" you wear.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Camera.

Set up a camera and catch them in the act.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Losing one lug nut would not encourage any others (that were tightened properly) to come loose. Check the wheel and studs for damage. Install splined lugs so a basic vandal can't do this again without having a tool they likely won't have.
That's a terrible idea. Instead of them getting a lug off, they strip your lugs trying to get them off instead.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Instead of ordering more standard nuts, I would get a set of locking lugnuts.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apartment management responded. Furthering my belief that because we don't engage in their parties, we aren't apart of the community. The response had zero fact, and wasn't helpful. My wife, family and myself are upset. I don't know what I expected them to do, but it wasn't that.

We have been attacked for noise, speeding, etc. multiple complaints. We issued a complaint about an issue we had (ceiling leaking badly) and they dragged their feet to help us, but respond in a moment for any issues involving us. Yet, last weekend had a ridiculously loud party at our clubhouse.

I'm letting my wife take over from here. They suggested to fill out a report, but I'm telling you right now, that won't be treated unless I have physical evidence of someone in the act. So, time to look into a camera.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
whether you're in the right or the wrong about the issues prior to this incident, you need to move asap. Someone has essentially tried to kill you. Even if their only intent was to inconvenience you, they're obviously too stupid to realize how much danger they put you in. Even if they never made another move toward you, that person has access to all sorts of dangerous things, such as a stove, matches, a potato peeler, etc. You're in danger just by proximity.

Your best bet is to GTFO as soon as possible.

Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Have you changed the wheels yourself recently? Maybe you didn't torque them down enough.

I find it unlikely someone would remove 3 lugnuts just to F with you. At that point why wouldn't they take the whole wheel or key your car which would be way quicker and less likely to get caught.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you changed the wheels yourself recently? Maybe you didn't torque them down enough.

I find it unlikely someone would remove 3 lugnuts just to F with you. At that point why wouldn't they take the whole wheel or key your car which would be way quicker and less likely to get caught.

I changed from my winter wheels about 5 months ago. I drive too frequently for them to have any issues starting now.

Like I said, the incident I had with the guy and his kid was about two weeks ago. Right when I noticed the first lug nut missing.

I haven't done anything besides notify management, buy a camera to mount outside my window and lug nuts.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Came out to my car with a nut missing, and another one loosened. Haven't driven my car in two days. Called the police, and they stated they believed it was tampered with. Furthermore, pretty sure the assembled that holds on the lug nuts is destroyed. This is going to be expensive. Not happy. Just hoping it doesn't appear on CarFax, as I was hoping to trade in my car at some point.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Get an IP camera. One with IR and motion detection technology.

For about $150 you will have a definite answer and maybe even a positive ID of the perp.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sorry but this thread sounds like BS to me. An entire apartment complex won't target you just because you drive a Mustang. There's more to this story then your letting on. I mean we have people and their children almost getting run over. Complaints of noise and fast driving. There is usually 3 sides to every story. Yours. The other side. And the truth!.
Sponsored