NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
ok, dude. can you just shut up. you're being very ignorant.
Did you, like, even read what you posted????

"Even if the overall region may have sufficient generating power, the region’s transmission system or distribution lines to different areas may not be large enough to handle this new type of load. A largely residential feeder circuit may not be sized to have a significant proportion of its customers adding 1.4 to 6 kW loads that would operate continuously for two to six hours beginning in the early evening. On a broader scale, the transmission lines feeding the local substations may be similarly constrained if they are not sized to respond to this extra growth in demand."
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Personally Ford should have ushered in the hybrid with the GT500 as is but with the electric engine in front. Beat the 1000 horsepower mid-engine Corvette to production!

A 1000 horsepower Mustang makes a statement. Even hardened V8 guys are OK with the front electric motor slapped on the front. Hell, driving the 4 wheels this way probably balances the car and gives it that extra bite to truly pin you in the seat.

This car would shut up everyone. Who cares about the lack of front fender vents? The friggin car has 1000 horsepower!

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Did you, like, even read what you posted????

"Even if the overall region may have sufficient generating power, the region’s transmission system or distribution lines to different areas may not be large enough to handle this new type of load. A largely residential feeder circuit may not be sized to have a significant proportion of its customers adding 1.4 to 6 kW loads that would operate continuously for two to six hours beginning in the early evening. On a broader scale, the transmission lines feeding the local substations may be similarly constrained if they are not sized to respond to this extra growth in demand."

that's a HUGE difference vs what you're saying. that comment is very important and i even mentioned that previously but you chose to ignore it.

however - that does not mean that the utilities cannot produce the power required, simply that municipalities may have issues handling the increased load.

you're jumping to drastic interpretations of the data for who knows what reason but you've obviously made up your mind so i'm done arguing with you. spout your ignorance all you want but no one is listening.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Personally Ford should have ushered in the hybrid with the GT500 as is but with the electric engine in front. Beat the 1000 horsepower mid-engine Corvette to production!

A 1000 horsepower Mustang makes a statement. Even hardened V8 guys are OK with the front electric motor slapped on the front. Hell, driving the 4 wheels this way probably balances the car and gives it that extra bite to truly pin you in the seat.

This car would shut up everyone. Who cares about the lack of front fender vents? The friggin car has 1000 horsepower!
packaging is an issue. note that most hybrid designs with an ice and ev motor are mid engine 2 seaters. there's no room in the mustang chassis with a blown v8 for batteries, ev motors, and required supporting systems.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
that's a HUGE difference vs what you're saying. that comment is very important and i even mentioned that previously but you chose to ignore it.

however - that does not mean that the utilities cannot produce the power required, simply that municipalities may have issues handling the increased load.

you're jumping to drastic interpretations of the data for who knows what reason but you've obviously made up your mind so i'm done arguing with you. spout your ignorance all you want but no one is listening.
I'm quoting the summation you dolt!!!!! I didn't even have look at the 13 year old data, it wasn't necessary. You're quoting an article from 13 years ago, that absolutely destroys any argument you're trying to make.

Our power grid and prodution ist kaput. Until that is straightened out to the tune of trillions of dollars, mass ownership of EVs is a dream.

Do yourself a favor, and look and see when the last nuclear power station was built. Or the last coal power station was built. Ask yourself where the power is going to come from, much less how it's going to be distributed.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm quoting the summation you dolt!!!!! I didn't even have look at the 13 year old data, it wasn't necessary. You're quoting an article from 13 years ago, that absolutely destroys any argument you're trying to make.

Our power grid and prodution ist kaput. Until that is straightened out to the tune of trillions of dollars, mass ownership of EVs is a dream.

Do yourself a favor, and look and see when the last nuclear power station was built. Or the last coal power station was built. Ask yourself where the power is going to come from, much less how it's going to be distributed.
can a mod ban this moron?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
packaging is an issue. note that most hybrid designs with an ice and ev motor are mid engine 2 seaters. there's no room in the mustang chassis with a blown v8 for batteries, ev motors, and required supporting systems.
Additionally, Fords only viable hybrid powertrain is integrated into their 10 speed. They could have given the 500 a destroked coyote (4.0-4.6L) and then included the hybrid power system for around the same 700+hp and likely more torque with a flatter curve.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
can a mod ban this moron?
Hysterical!!!

I challenge you, you can't back anything up, and scream for me to be banned.

How old are you?

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Additionally, Fords only viable hybrid powertrain is integrated into their 10 speed. They could have given the 500 a destroked coyote (4.0-4.6L) and then included the hybrid power system for around the same 700+hp and likely more torque with a flatter curve.
still wouldn't be room. set aside the packaging for the hybrid motor to sit between the engine and transmission, you'd still need room for the batteries. trunk is an option but you're throwing off the weight balance significantly.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Hysterical!!!

How old are you?
Um.... He did back is argument up? It is you that has not provided any source material for your claims?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
still wouldn't be room. set aside the packaging for the hybrid motor to sit between the engine and transmission, you'd still need room for the batteries. trunk is an option but you're throwing off the weight balance significantly.
Actually you might be improving the weight distribution by placing a battery in the trunk. The Mustang is a front bias car (53/47 for the GT) so placing a battery in the trunk might get you closer to a perfect 50/50. The electric motor is integrated into the 10 speed so it should not take up any more room then a tradtional 10 speed drive train. It would be RWD though.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hysterical!!!

How old are you?
you're not challenging anything. you also obviously cannot read. i provided you an actual scientific study done on the power grid and how plugin hybrids would effect the grid and all you do is yell that the grid can't handle it. when in reality, the only focal point of it not being able to is the concern for local grid transmission. NOT CAPACITY!!!!

then you state a random piece of information regarding Nuclear plants. Yet dismiss all other forms of increased power generation posted above in addition to the additional capacity available on the existing plants. again PRODUCTION CAPACITY!!!

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Actually you might be improving the weight distribution by placing a battery in the trunk. The Mustang is a front bias car (53/47 for the GT) so placing a battery in the trunk might get you closer to a perfect 50/50. The electric motor is integrated into the 10 speed so it should not take up any more room then a tradtional 10 speed drive train. It would be RWD though.
i guess it all depends on the actual weight of the battery pack and it's placement.

plus i have no info on the footprint of the standard 10spd vs the integrated unit. so who knows. i'm sure we'll see when they debut the mach 1 they've teased.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Um.... He did back is argument up? It is you that has not provided any source material for your claims?
Did you see where I copied and pasted the summary from his "source material", which stated issues with the power distribution grid?
Sponsored