Sponsored

u0401:82-08 Code and other issues, can you help me please?

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Ok, on my own again, @Rolls is a good guy who had the patience to have a few back and forths with me but ultimately can’t help.

The latest happening is another cut out at low speed, tbh the other times this happened I’m not sure if this message appeared, but this time a yellow box appeared with instructions to start the car again, ignition off, brake pedal depressed etc.

I had a read though the manual and found the exact procedure under fuel pump shut off in the event of moderate accident….

IMG_9903.jpeg

Could this shut off be my problem? Where is the physical shut off or does it use airbag sensors to kill the pump, if so where exactly are they?!

I’d be grateful if anyone could give me any pointers, I almost traded it for a C63 this week but ultimately I realised I still want this big dumb thing!
Are you data logging while you drive? I would think the data log would show what's happening right as it shuts down? Could be a faulty fuel pump?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Are you data logging while you drive? I would think the data log would show what's happening right as it shuts down? Could be a faulty fuel pump?
I was, all I have though is forscan lite and a dongle, when it happened it just said lost communication with device, maybe I’m asking too much of the app?

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I found this random thing trapped under the loom under the rear seat when I was checking the plugs etc

anyone any idea what it is?

IMG_9905.jpeg

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Might want to invest in something like hp tuners or the pcm tech software.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
And a laptop lolololol

You think they’re a better option than the full forscan?
Lol damn! Laptops are not to bad now for something simple. I've never used full forscan so I can't say. I do have hp tuners though. I used it to put the pp3 kit on my car. I upgraded from pp2 to pp3

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
If you buy PCMTEC pro tuner and utilise our Datalogger it may assist in fault finding however I suspect you have a electrical issue which ultimately may be challenging. I would look for a good local auto electrician who is up to date with modern scan tools.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
If you buy PCMTEC pro tuner and utilise our Datalogger it may assist in fault finding however I suspect you have a electrical issue which ultimately may be challenging. I would look for a good local auto electrician who is up to date with modern scan tools.
Thanks, but they don’t exist here, I’ve been trying to get someone competent for 11 months, either they can’t find the issue or they just don’t want to even look. Like I said, I’m completely on my own, my options are get help to fix myself, take it on a ferry to a different country or burn it, which tbh is odds on favourite at the moment :(
Thether. End. Of.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Without some kind of data logging you can't see if your sensors are working right. You might find fuel pressure wrong. You can see evrything in real time. I know this is frustrating. If you have the money and time... that's what I would do.

Put it on a dyno and have someone data log. It's better to break down on a dyno instead of the street.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Without some kind of data logging you can't see if your sensors are working right. You might find fuel pressure wrong. You can see evrything in real time. I know this is frustrating. If you have the money and time... that's what I would do.

Put it on a dyno and have someone data log. It's better to break down on a dyno instead of the street.

Everything points to the IES circuit, short circuit to ground or voltage or open circuit. My problem is I don’t really know what that is and don’t know what pins to test between PCM and BCM like the Ford pintest states. I don’t think logging what’s happening is going to show anything more than the pintest procedure, but I suppose I need to try it!
Anyone who’s looked at it and Roland via email thinks it’s an actual wire/loom issue. I need to find that one person who has more brains than me and is willing to look at a ‘scary’ mustang, I don’t understand why no one feels confident enough to run some tests to help :(

A well respected mechanic/tuner here had it for 2 months and allegedly carried out the pintest with no issues found, mind you he did damage paintwork and then tried to get it repaired without telling me……frustrated doesn’t come close at the moment:(

Last edited:

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Have you checked for water damage anywhere? Have you taken the front bumper off and checked all the wires and connectors going to the fogs and turn signals? Since you had the front splitter put on one of the connectors might be loose. A wiring issue is a total nightmare! Check in the trunk and where the fuel pump is.. might be a water leak in there. Might have to take the rear seats out. Check for water damage in the front floor boards and where the bcm and pcm is. Check all your common grounds. Might check every connector you can see. I really hope you get this figured out!

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Have you checked for water damage anywhere? Have you taken the front bumper off and checked all the wires and connectors going to the fogs and turn signals? Since you had the front splitter put on one of the connectors might be loose. A wiring issue is a total nightmare! Check in the trunk and where the fuel pump is.. might be a water leak in there. Might have to take the rear seats out. Check for water damage in the front floor boards and where the bcm and pcm is. Check all your common grounds. Might check every connector you can see. I really hope you get this figured out!
Me too my friend, it’s been horrible!
Done all of that, complete interior apart from the dash and headliner has been out, it’s dry stored and is a fair weather car, no moisture anywhere. everything visible checks out, all plugs and pins intact :( All lights/connectors checked too :(

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Maybe the hardware is bad. Bad bcm or pcm?

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the hardware is bad. Bad bcm or pcm?
Yeah it’s a possibility, the end of the pintest, if no cable faults are found is replace BCM, and I’d be fine with that tbh, at least I’d know!

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Ebay a bcm?
Sponsored