Sponsored

Twin turbo set up advice.

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
I'm going twin turbo in the next couple of months. I'm looking to push about 800 at the wheels. I've called a few shops and most have a difference in opinion. I want to install comp cams because I really don't want the lope sound, but I was told they won't work well on the setup. Any advice on that and more importantly, what engine supporting mods would you guys recommend for the build at minimum of course oil pump gears, I don't know exactly what the stick engine is capable of holding, any advice would be appreciated. (Car is a manual performance package) I have the suspension mods in place, I just need engine supporting mods
Sponsored

Last edited:

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
750 seems to be the safe maximum power level. But anything can happen. If you plan on all that, you need to look at suspension and drivetrain mods too. A buddy of mine has done the On3 kit and it's pretty bad ass. Fit and finish was perfect.

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
750 seems to be the safe maximum power level. But anything can happen. If you plan on all that, you need to look at suspension and drivetrain mods too. A buddy of mine has done the On3 kit and it's pretty bad ass. Fit and finish was perfect.
I looked at that kit along with 3 others. I know exactly what I'm doing as far as suspension goes, I just need to make sure my engine is safe

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
800 is very easy to achieve with a twin kit. I wouldn't even touch the cams. You can always do cam lockouts on the stock cams. E85, 15lbs of boost should be all you need. You'll need a boost a pump or fuel system.

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
800 is very easy to achieve with a twin kit. I wouldn't even touch the cams. You can always do cam lockouts on the stock cams. E85, 15lbs of boost should be all you need. You'll need a boost a pump or fuel system.
800 whp safely?

Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
800 whp safely?
I've seen a handful of hellion twin cars locally make over 800+ corrected for thousands of miles with no issues what so ever. Local guy made 1000+ corrected and turned it down and car has been on stock motor for over a year now on low boost.

As long as you have a good tune, and good fuel these new coyote motors live happily at 600,700,800 hp. Turbos aren't very stressful on the motor and as long as you're not beating on the car constantly its should last you.

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen a handful of hellion twin cars locally make over 800+ corrected for thousands of miles with no issues what so ever. Local guy made 1000+ corrected and turned it down and car has been on stock motor for over a year now on low boost.

As long as you have a good tune, and good fuel these new coyote motors live happily at 600,700,800 hp. Turbos aren't very stressful on the motor and as long as you're not beating on the car constantly its should last you.
Cool but what supporting mods should I get at a minimum to be safe

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the On3 kit holding up?

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
OPG, CG. Fuel system for E85.

TR6060 or better trans, clutch. 3.31 rear end or keep 3.73 if gong tr6060.

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Suspension mods are a must, plan on doing that as well.

Sponsored

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Also, I am at 650whp and I was told by a reputable shop that I am pretty much maxed out as far as hp goes. I would have to go ethanol to increase from here. Maybe turbos are different, I have a SC.

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I am at 650whp and I was told by a reputable shop that I am pretty much maxed out as far as hp goes. I would have to go ethanol to increase from here. Maybe turbos are different, I have a SC.
Yeah I was on the phone about 30 mins ago with a reputable company and they stated that turbos can hold up more power because it's not stressing the engine like a SC does, there's a guy here venomv8 who has a supercharger and he's at or around 694 whp last time I checked so maybe you can go a Lil higher. He's 45 mins away and we don't have e85 close so you could possibly go more

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OPG, CG. Fuel system for E85.

TR6060 or better trans, clutch. 3.31 rear end or keep 3.73 if gong tr6060.
Definitely going with a better clutch and flywheel. I'm nowhere near e85 unfortunately.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Definitely going with a better clutch and flywheel. I'm nowhere near e85 unfortunately.
youre going to be restricted to about 750whp then. 800 on 93 without fuel additives is pushing it.
Sponsored