'17 GT350
That tech is what we in the biz call a scrub
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have run several track days (as in the organizer) We require a self tech and encourage participants to take their cars in for inspection. We will tech the cars coming in but only for obvious issues such as battery hold downs, floor matts etcetera. Release of liabilities are not very 100% effective in protecting the organization, inspector ect. Considering the inspector failed your tire, well, tells me what kind of inspector he is

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
That tech is what we in the biz call a scrub
TLC said the same thing.

I took my 1000 mile R in for an oil change and the service guy said I was getting close to needing new tires as I must have been doing some spirited driving. I hadn't, so he apparently didn't know what Sport Cup 2's looked like. Surprising, considering he is not a stranger to Mustangs.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
TLC said the same thing.

I took my 1000 mile R in for an oil change and the service guy said I was getting close to needing new tires as I must have been doing some spirited driving. I hadn't, so he apparently didn't know what Sport Cup 2's looked like. Surprising, considering he is not a stranger to Mustangs.
My R came from one of the biggest dealers in Chicago, and they had no idea what a new Cup tire looked like, either. These are fringe vehicles. People are just uneducated about them.

OP, email the organizer in advance, take the tech form, and go to the track. The tires are like new. Shouldn't be an issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Yeah my plan was to just take the tech sheet which passed everything else and explain the situation. Anyone with Cup 2 experience will pass them. On the flip side the weather forecast is for 60% scattered thunderstorms on HPDE day on Monday. So I'm considering running my Signature wheels with PS4s instead. I have a little over an hour of highway travel each way to the track. Hoping by Sunday the weather forecast changes.