Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The argument that turbochargers provide fuel efficiency is based on their comparison to an NA engine that produces the same power, hence the recent proliferation of four cylinder engines, which, by the way, harkened the death of the Mustang
Turbo charger does not provide more fuel-efficient. youā€™re talking about a large N/A engine vs a smaller turbo engine. Thatā€™s Apple to oranges. we are talking about the same engine N/A vs turbo
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I hear you but OP is talking about loving a 9 second car and has concerns about his warranty. :facepalm: If he goes through with this and he blows his car up it may not cost him 10k but it is going to cost a lot more than $2k. Letā€™s wait to hear from OP and see what his tolerance for financial pain is. :like:
If somebody else is doing the work absolutely but I agree with you a nine second car covered by warranty I donā€™t know I canā€™t think of one off the top of my head. He needs to come back down to earth and realize turbo supercharger nitrous anything that gets him into the nines is going to void the warranty

OP
OP
Pierangiolo

Pierangiolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual (sold), 2020 Mustang GT A10
I am fully aware if I go as little as doing a ā€œtuneā€, my warranty would be voided. I had different mustang where it had transmisiĆ³n problems and Ford blamed it on my coilovers and refused to help.

In the end Iv decided to go with the on3 turbo set. (Choosing on3 over hellion is more of a personal story)

I am accepting the fact things will eventually break and I will enjoy it while Iā€™m still young with no kids.

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The guy was talking about quarter mile passes anyway.

Not trying to pick on you either, but turbolag is somewhat non-existent if you've properly done your homework and chosen the right unit to whatever your desired application is, somewhat similar to choosing the right supercharger. If you toss a Vortech V-30 race blower on your otherwise stock car, you're going to have a few complaints about the driving around town with it sucking down a bunch of power to spin that friggin massive thing.

There are plenty of options going with turbos, and just because one might perfectly sized for one, doesn't mean it's perfect for all.
1614747732812.png

1614747831837.png

Anyhow, not sure how much life you're going to have on that motor of yours at 12.0:1 compression. Sure, you could install it, and even hit the gas a few times, but there's a reason why the Ecoboost and EB-HP are 9.5:1 and 9.37:1 compression ratios and Ford Racing sells a 9.5:1 Coyote Crate Motor.
I do get what you are saying, and I get that, broadly speaking, turbocharging has many advantages over supercharging. I am not sure that I would go so far as to say that there is no place for supercharging.

My argument for supercharging was really noise in the discussion as Pierangiolo's objective really does call for turbocharging....and he has apparently decided to move forward on that

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The guy was talking about quarter mile passes anyway.

Not trying to pick on you either, but turbolag is somewhat non-existent if you've properly done your homework and chosen the right unit to whatever your desired application is, somewhat similar to choosing the right supercharger. If you toss a Vortech V-30 race blower on your otherwise stock car, you're going to have a few complaints about the driving around town with it sucking down a bunch of power to spin that friggin massive thing.

There are plenty of options going with turbos, and just because one might perfectly sized for one, doesn't mean it's perfect for all.
1614747732812.png

1614747831837.png

Anyhow, not sure how much life you're going to have on that motor of yours at 12.0:1 compression. Sure, you could install it, and even hit the gas a few times, but there's a reason why the Ecoboost and EB-HP are 9.5:1 and 9.37:1 compression ratios and Ford Racing sells a 9.5:1 Coyote Crate Motor.
I made a comment that I do not push my stage 1 supercharged engine too hard. However, in your opinion, will I nonetheless be pushing the engine to its limit, even with low-rev boosts?

Sponsored

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Did you get all of this in writing. Ford performance parts installed by a Ford authorized installer do not affect the warranty, correct. All warranty starts on the day the vehicle is first sold. So if you were under factory warranty it would be fine. if it is under a extended warranty well you better read the contract. that is up to the extended warranty company (even if it is ford) and what is written into the extended warranty. No matter what you were promised
Now I am worried....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are so very wrong I can show you my extended warranty sold to me by Ford that is covered by a third party
So Ford Motor Company directly sold you an extended warranty that is handled and covered by a third party. Yes, I am interested in seeing this.

By the way, just to be clear this is what I am talking about.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
So Ford Motor Company directly sold you an extended warranty that is handled and covered by a third party. Yes, I am interested in seeing this.

By the way, just to be clear this is what I am talking about.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/

This is the warranty that I have, on which is the Ford name. I suppose it is possible that some outside company is administering it, as where a company would have an outside firm manage their retirement plans, but, as far as I can see, this is a Ford product.

I just looked at the contract which has the following coverage exclusion:

Repairs to any engine, transmission and final drive components for damages caused by an aftermarket (non-factory installed) part including, but not limited to:, turbocharger, supercharger, compressed natural gas, liquid propane gas, nitrous oxide fuel system modification or any other performance enhancing powertrain components including, but not limited to, racing parts and accessories.

So that surely lays the groundwork for them challenging a claim, even where a reasonable person would not assign the supercharger as contributing to the damage

In general, there is a huge benefit to having a friend in the service department.

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Turbo charger does not provide more fuel-efficient. youā€™re talking about a large N/A engine vs a smaller turbo engine. Thatā€™s Apple to oranges. we are talking about the same engine N/A vs turbo
I basically was trying to say that turbocharging has a fuel efficiency advantage over supercharging. In looking back at my posts I see that I did miswrite that it would improve fuel efficiency.

BTW, it seems that the forum moderator removed one of your posts ....let's keep it cool

Last edited:

Boostenon114

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang gt
I had 8k miles on my 19 when I turbocharged it. If you're worried about warranty don't do it. I did a cat delete and e85 at first. Wish I never even worried about that and just went straight to turbo. I absolutely love the car now!!!! Have about 3k since turbo. Been 9.75 at 155mph leaving on foot brake and second gear... Horrible 60 ft. Get good rear tires, 325 indy 500 don't grab till 60-70 on low to mild boost. I have 325 proxy r888r and boost turned up was showing wheel spin at 100 lol

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Supercharge imo , unless you want to go for like 1200+ hp. Even then I would probably still SC it with the 3.8 whipple. Just my opinion turbos seem to be a bit more of a headache than I would want to deal with at times. I guess there is the huge benefit of being able to turn a turbo car down with a button though.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I made a comment that I do not push my stage 1 supercharged engine too hard. However, in your opinion, will I nonetheless be pushing the engine to its limit, even with low-rev boosts?
I try to steer away from blanket statements, on this, or really any forum, but I wouldn't know, and even if I did, I would still claim that I don't :D I would if I was looking at datalogs, looking at things like your advance, short and long term fuel trims, injector duty cycles, throttle, and all the rest of that stuff. Even then, freak accidents do happen, who knows, you could have the perfect tune, and some microscopic bubble inside of an I-beam just decides it's had enough and kaboom. I went through 3 Cobra 4.6 motors. I can tell you from my own personal dealings that Ford will say too f'n bad and whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Not everybody has the same application, desired goal, purpose, or funding -- I race mine, you might want a nice weekend canyon cruiser. No knock, just speaking for myself, but if I put on a supercharger, I'd be trying to squeeze every last ounce of power out of it, and then trying even harder to put it down to the track. That's also why I have a shitty daily EV for when I'm not tracking :D

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I say twin turbo now because at the rate things are going, twin turbos won't be a thing in the aftermarket at this rate.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am fully aware if I go as little as doing a ā€œtuneā€, my warranty would be voided. I had different mustang where it had transmisiĆ³n problems and Ford blamed it on my coilovers and refused to help.

In the end Iv decided to go with the on3 turbo set. (Choosing on3 over hellion is more of a personal story)

I am accepting the fact things will eventually break and I will enjoy it while Iā€™m still young with no kids.
OK, good luck. Hope it all stays together for you.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Im just saying the same thing weā€™ve all heard before. This is for the new guys here ;
As far as Ford covering their product, they will bail out at any chance whatsoever. Insurance companies are the same.
I could write a essay on the number of times our company has been denied legitimate insurance claims.
So any warranty by Ford or extended insurance is IMHO worthless if you do any mods.
But 99% of us know that and are prepared.

To the OP, I am in the turbo camp.
If you donā€™t have a warranty, the turbo will definitely be softer on your motor. With good tuning of course.
Crank snout, parasitic losses and weight are some advantages.
Also as the power hits further up the Rev range, for standard driving, the motor doesnā€™t know of mods till boost arrives.
But above is just my humble opinion from reading thousands of posts on M6G, by people who know a lot more than me.

Have you decided on single On3 or twin ?
Keep us posted with pics......
Sponsored