Sponsored

Twin Turbo Build!

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
It has ID1000 injectors and a boost a pump, those are the only fuel system changes.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
that is a wonderful symphony

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
if you can run that on a boost a pump and ID1000's that will be great. Everyone I have seen at that boost level and power range has had to go to a fuel system and id1300s to keep up with e-85 fuel demands. granted they are all procharger. Interesting to see the efficiency differences. Good luck, very interesting.

Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
How much will a similar setup set me back. Not sure if I want to boost or build the engine, port the heads and rev to 9k. How long can we expect the block to hold up at stock compression under boost. Great job by the way, sounds amazing.

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Thanks.

Not to start a war, but the Hellion kit is $10k, not installed. I assume this is a turn key system for $20k? Don't get me wrong, it looks great and you can never go wrong with custom. But is it better? Just a question.
Says 'More details and pricing coming soon' , so perhaps the $19,999 is only just a place holder and not the final pricing.

The Coyote Twin Turbo kit is available to order, at $14,999, so at the minimum the GT350 Twin Turbo kit will be of equal cost.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
They dropped the motor. The hellion kit does not require a motor drop. Also I think they timing sprocket, OPG and crank gear.

Sponsored

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
The price listed on the site is for custom headers (not log manifolds like on our GT Kit), includes BB turbos, OPG and Crank Gear, Install and tuning all which are additions to other kits.

Here are a few reasons why we believe our kit is superior.

Precision Tig welding, no kit can compare (this adds strength, aesthetics and better flow to the welded parts)

All hot parts are kept out of the engine bay, virtually no modification to the car is required. No relocating coolant lines, moving coolant overflow, relocating ecu or any of the factory parts. Overall installation is much less intrusive than a top mount style kit.

Every part in the kit fits as intended (Should be a given but it is not). We only use high quality stainless and aluminum materials in each kit.

We use Tial Sport blow off valves and wastegates, they are the best period. All other brands, and we have used them all fall short in one aspect or another.

Locating the turbos down by the transmission also retains the use of the factory wideband sensors, they are located post turbo as intended not pre turbo which causes tuning problems and does not retail the benefits of a closed loop system.

Increases spool time and drops overall weight (less piping).

Our techs are the most well trained meticulous guys I have even seen. They come from Aircraft Industry and Indycar and when they install your kit it looks like it came from the factory that way. The attention to detail is second to none.

We also have an in house dyno jet and tuner to finish up the job. Corbin is a wizard on the keyboard and one of the best tuners I have seen.

What it boils down to is you bring us your car and our team provides full service from start to finish and delivers exactly what you expect from a high performance shop.

I hope that answers most of your questions, please feel free to email me directly if you have any other questions for a quicker response.

[email protected]

Enjoy your weekend guys!

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
You make excellent points about a custom job.

I spoke with a shop in FL about doing an install. The last GT 350 they put a turbo kit in (starts with H) had bad NVH at the crank. They actually ended up having to drop the motor and rebalance the crank to solve it which takes balls. Did you guys run into any NVH issues during your build ?

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
We have dealt with some NVH yes, anytime you mess with how this engine is balanced its going to add NVH. I've spoken to one of the engineers that was part of the team developing the GT350 exhaust and dealing with NVH. Its crazy to hear what all they dealt with! We came up with some solutions and its something we are keeping an eye on. Its only slightly more noticeable than stock at this point.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo