Status
Not open for further replies.

Torsen

Scott Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB 6MT
The stock one appears to be a traditional 8-10psi Garrett styled actuator. More than likely way to soft. Applying more preload won't do much of anything other than decrease the actuator travel. Really the WGA just needs to be replaced but I'm holding out to see what turbo I end up switching too cause this stock one is running out of steam.
Sponsored

mmorningstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
From my testing on the Fiesta ST it is possible but you can get the same gains with the tune. I want to get one on a mustang and see if it smooths out boost as that would be my intended use for it. That, and also keeping boost deep into the rpm range.

Maybe I'll buy one tomorrow from you! My car and boost falls flat at about 5800. You don't tune with SCT though do you?

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
The stock one appears to be a traditional 8-10psi Garrett styled actuator. More than likely way to soft. Applying more preload won't do much of anything other than decrease the actuator travel. Really the WGA just needs to be replaced but I'm holding out to see what turbo I end up switching too cause this stock one is running out of steam.
Like I said, sometimes the preload was to small, like the length of rod hole would be short buy less than the pin dia (like 1/8" ) ,so it can helped sometimes to adjust it a turn or so, not a lot but just enough .
I used to use a lot of HKS EVC and it did really help with boost, to bring it up in lower gears (EVC had no pressure to can until close to set boost ) .

This is of course before firmware tunes were around .

Yeh, if you go to small or wastegate is to small you'll get spikes in boost .

With this turbo down exhaust housing , looks like replacement might be fairly easy. Many time the actuator is real pain to get off(bracket on intake housing) , sometimes turbo removal is only way.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
The stock spring pressure is 7psi on the Mustang. The traditional theory is to only double the base spring pressure in the actuator however that is being done right from the factory. With my experience tuning these cars the boost starts to get a little wavy right around 23.5psi and it is also hard to recover after hitting peak boost/torque. The boost curve will be GREATLY improved with the turbosmart actuator 100%. I have a customer that I'm E-tuning that just bought an actuator from me yesterday so hopefully have some graphs to compare to in the future.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The stock spring pressure is 7psi on the Mustang. The traditional theory is to only double the base spring pressure in the actuator however that is being done right from the factory. With my experience tuning these cars the boost starts to get a little wavy right around 23.5psi and it is also hard to recover after hitting peak boost/torque. The boost curve will be GREATLY improved with the turbosmart actuator 100%. I have a customer that I'm E-tuning that just bought an actuator from me yesterday so hopefully have some graphs to compare to in the future.
Cool, I'm interested to see what you find for sure.

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
sounds good , so your saying the boost is spiking higher than set , when it hits peak under certain loads ?

Sometimes they also add a reducer on the connection right at turbo outlet but before wastegate and boost solenoid (helps to lower pressure to can so they don't need to releave/bypass so much with solenoid ).

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
sounds good , so your saying the boost is spiking higher than set , when it hits peak under certain loads ?

Sometimes they also add a reducer on the connection right at turbo outlet but before wastegate and boost solenoid (helps to lower pressure to can so they don't need to releave/bypass so much with solenoid ).
May I ask why you post so much regarding help or issues without having an Ecoboost? I'm just curious.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
May I ask why you post so much regarding help or issues without having an Ecoboost? I'm just curious.
I am researching maybe buying one and all the specific info on it is helpful to me .
I do have over 20yrs of experience but not on this vehicle , If I think I can help I will try .

Thanks for your input though, maybe I will post less , but i only have posted 50 times .
Most asking for info on products available .

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Will also be looking forward to these results. For only around $150, seems worth it if the gains are there.

Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
if we could see some proven gains or benefits im sure we would be inclined to purchase the TS wastegate.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hey Adam, Im thinking about pick one up. How fast can you get it to me? Lol

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
In the instructions . It mentions using compressed air to charge the wastegate?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.