Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Personally I can't imagine a situation where I would want to switch tunes on the fly.

Dave
Switch launch control points on the fly to test different launch rpms.

High boost, Low Boost, Economy mode, Meth map, E30 Map.

I can think about 2,000 reasons. :cool:
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Really??? What if you run dry on meth? And want to switch the map slot? Or have an e-30 tune or a 93? Sounds way better then pulling over flashing stock, then flashing the tune.
I suppose, my car is a daily driver so it will never use methanol or e30. I have got about 19k miles on a 93 tune and never had a reason to want to change.

I didn't really consider the folks that are really pushing the Ecoboost to the limits.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ive literally had to take someone to emergency room and was on E this town (now powerball famous) had no damn 93 pumps working at 3 am..I had take tune off and pump 87 it was the longest process ever with sct x4

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
U can use methanol or e-30 with a daily driver

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
It takes less than 4mins for me to flash another tune to my car with the LMS device. Never had an instance where I needed to do it while I'm out though

Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
It takes less than 4mins for me to flash another tune to my car with the LMS device. Never had an instance where I needed to do it while I'm out though
Yeah the added stress made it seem like forever. I dont understand why the other companies cant do it

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Prob if you had like multiple slots with maybe an economy mode or something, but for your situation aparantley it's not something you care about. I'm on the list where I'm changing my SCT tunes all the time from a couple different tuners. I def can't wait to change to Cobb, amongst other reasons.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ive literally had to take someone to emergency room and was on E this town (now powerball famous) had no damn 93 pumps working at 3 am..I had take tune off and pump 87 it was the longest process ever with sct x4
If it was an emergency why were wasting time changing a tune? Through in some 87 and go it won't hurt anything as long as you keep your foot out of it.

Dave

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
U can use methanol or e-30 with a daily driver
You can DO what ever you want but that doesn't necessarily make it a reasonable thing to do. I am not interested in having to keep containers if methanol or E30 in the garage to fuel up a daily driver.

Dave

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Prob if you had like multiple slots with maybe an economy mode or something, but for your situation aparantley it's not something you care about. I'm on the list where I'm changing my SCT tunes all the time from a couple different tuners. I def can't wait to change to Cobb, amongst other reasons.
If that is what you are into doing then the Cobb device makes a lot of sense. For the vast majority of folks that put a tune on then forget about it until the next time they make a mod that requires a tune update.

I have been tuning turbo 4's for 30 years and I have never felt the need to be continuously changing the tune. When I started you couldn't if you wanted to, changing the tune required a new ECU, a new EEPROM to plug into the ECU or sending the ECU to a tuner to have it modified.

I have had my SCT X4 for over 3 years and I have used it on two cars, it sits on the shelf in a closet the vast majority of the time.

Dave

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
You can DO what ever you want but that doesn't necessarily make it a reasonable thing to do. I am not interested in having to keep containers if methanol or E30 in the garage to fuel up a daily driver.

Dave
You don't keep containers of either in the garage. Methanol injection systems can use windshield wiper fluid as it is 40% methanol. So, are you comfortable keeping windshield wiper fluid in your garage or even in your car? ;)

Second, E30 is a mix of E85 and 91/93. So you would mix it at the station in your car not in your garage. That is if you have an E85 station within distance.

If that is what you are into doing then the Cobb device makes a lot of sense. For the vast majority of folks that put a tune on then forget about it until the next time they make a mod that requires a tune update.

I have been tuning turbo 4's for 30 years and I have never felt the need to be continuously changing the tune. When I started you couldn't if you wanted to, changing the tune required a new ECU, a new EEPROM to plug into the ECU or sending the ECU to a tuner to have it modified.

I have had my SCT X4 for over 3 years and I have used it on two cars, it sits on the shelf in a closet the vast majority of the time.

Dave
I listed the reasons why you might on the previous page. When map switching on the fly is available you learn to love it right away. When you don't have it and don't have it in your budget to upgrade from your current device then people are going to say why it doesn't matter.

To me, and my many customers, map switching, launch control, flat foot shifting, gauges, and the many other features the Accessport has that others don't is definitely worth it.

I hate GTR's, until I can buy one. :D

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Considering there is no E85 available in my area we are back to keeping containers in the garage.

I bought my Ecoboost Mustang as a daily driver, I like to do some mods to make the car my own but I am not interested in anything that requires going out of my way to fuel up.

FWIW, I have a 68 Barracuda I finished restoring 16 years ago. I get my go fast fix with that car since I don't have to live with it every day going to and from work most any mod can be considered. Currently building a 426 cid stroker small block for my next fix.

Dave

Last edited:

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Considering there is no E85 available in my area we are back to keeping containers in the garage.

Dave
So, meth injection it is!

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I think he was taking about the methonal as well not just ethanol, but obviously to each his own.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Saw the COBB AP before I went with LMS which is $100 more. Decided their expertise was more important to me than a fancy device. I knew from the start I would never use those features
Sponsored