Sponsored

tuning

andyxramirez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost oxford white
simple question.
I've got a eb mustang, recently installed a off rode downpipe, with a qtp cutout welded on before the big resonator. now i just need a tune. so the question is, what handheld tuner should i go with and with what tune? after tune is installed i won't be adding any other mods. so i don't have bigger plans at the moment. I've tried looking around but no luck. feel free to leave a link to a forum that talks about the same situation.
IMG_2818.jpg
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Plenty on here about tuners, my suggestion is Adam at tune plus and the Cobb platform

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Lethal does the Nguage platform and SCT I believe, heard good things as well, not from experience just from posts, good luck, like I said tons of pages of tuning info. If you do decide to get a tune, you might also want to pull trigger on some plugs and maybe switch your oil to one of the better oils some of these guys are using. Example rotella T-6. Not necessity just comfort in knowing your better protected

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
simple question.
I've got a eb mustang, recently installed a off rode downpipe, with a qtp cutout welded on before the big resonator. now i just need a tune. so the question is, what handheld tuner should i go with and with what tune? after tune is installed i won't be adding any other mods. so i don't have bigger plans at the moment. I've tried looking around but no luck. feel free to leave a link to a forum that talks about the same situation.
Oh and congrats! Car looks real clean, love the springs. Are those the replicas from AM? The track pack wheels?

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
just a tune, no other mods

Palm trees behind your car = warm climate Check out the big intercooler thread while you're at it.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Palm trees behind your car = warm climate Check out the big intercooler thread while you're at it.
Good call.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have used the canned tunes that come from SCT, email tunes from Steeda and email tunes from Unleashed. They all make the same power as measured by my butt dyno on an otherwise stock car but the Steeda and Unleashed are the smoother driving. Since Unleashed customer service is second to none I have stayed with them as I have made more changes.

You can send Unleashed a data log and have a revised tune back in hours.

If you are not planning on other mods I would stick with SCT and save some money.

Dave

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have used the canned tunes that come from SCT, email tunes from Steeda and email tunes from Unleashed. They all make the same power as measured by my butt dyno on an otherwise stock car but the Steeda and Unleashed are the smoother driving. Since Unleashed customer service is second to none I have stayed with them as I have made more changes.

You can send Unleashed a data log and have a revised tune back in hours.

If you are not planning on other mods I would stick with SCT and save some money.

Dave
Ditto. I went with BAMA at first and then paid again to go with Unleashed which has been nothing but outstanding. If starting from scratch though I would go with COBB simply because the device itself is much better not only in quality but available options. Switching tunes on the fly in of itself is worth the difference in cost. Adam would of course be the tuner of choice for COBB.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Ditto. I went with BAMA at first and then paid again to go with Unleashed which has been nothing but outstanding. If starting from scratch though I would go with COBB simply because the device itself is much better not only in quality but available options. Switching tunes on the fly in of itself is worth the difference in cost. Adam would of course be the tuner of choice for COBB.
Exactly, I had it to do over Cobb simply for switching on the fly and tune +. Going to sell my SCT at some point :(

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Personally I can't imagine a situation where I would want to switch tunes on the fly.

Dave

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Really??? What if you run dry on meth? And want to switch the map slot? Or have an e-30 tune or a 93? Sounds way better then pulling over flashing stock, then flashing the tune.
Sponsored