Sponsored

Tuners that support MPVI2

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Does anyone know of a remote tuner that supports the MPVI2?

I picked it up last year to activate the active exhaust. Now that the RTD is out all the tuners I knew of that supported MPVI2 tunes have dropped it.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Does anyone know of a remote tuner that supports the MPVI2?

I picked it up last year to activate the active exhaust. Now that the RTD is out all the tuners I knew of that supported MPVI2 tunes have dropped it.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Most well known tuners will not send you a file or remote tune a car with the MPVI2 as the tune isn't able to be locked. That's why they use the RTD or new RTD+.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I appreciate the response guys. I checked with PBD and they won't tune the MPVI2 anymore. Wengerd did 6 months ago but they confirmed they don't support it anymore.

I get tuners wanting to lock the tune to protect their IP. It is just lame to spend $500 for basically identical hardware to what I already have. /whine

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
We used to support it but it's unfortunate when a few individuals ruin it for everyone. When you start seeing tunes being resold by other so called tuners with exact match in the data you developed you have to change to put a stop to it

Sponsored

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We used to support it but it's unfortunate when a few individuals ruin it for everyone. When you start seeing tunes being resold by other so called tuners with exact match in the data you developed you have to change to put a stop to it
Agreed and yeah I totally understand the position of the tuners wanting to protect their investment so it isn't stolen and resold.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I appreciate the response guys. I checked with PBD and they won't tune the MPVI2 anymore. Wengerd did 6 months ago but they confirmed they don't support it anymore.

I get tuners wanting to lock the tune to protect their IP. It is just lame to spend $500 for basically identical hardware to what I already have. /whine
If you need any help getting into a RTD or RTD+ we're here to help and have plenty in stock. That way you'll be able to go with the tuner you want to tune your car and won't be limited like you are now.

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing other than an H-Pipe right now. I picked up the MPVI2 to enable the active exhaust and make a few minor tweaks like changing the throttle pedal mapping in Sport mode.

I'm looking at the ESS supercharger and supporting mods but still in the planning stage of figuring out all the pieces of which thr tune is one.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Nothing other than an H-Pipe right now. I picked up the MPVI2 to enable the active exhaust and make a few minor tweaks like changing the throttle pedal mapping in Sport mode.

I'm looking at the ESS supercharger and supporting mods but still in the planning stage of figuring out all the pieces of which thr tune is one.
So tune it yourself. That is what the histograms are for. You donā€™t need a tuner

Sponsored
OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So tune it yourself. That is what the histograms are for. You donā€™t need a tuner
I appreciate the confidence! I did all my own street tuning on my Evo IX that had cams and upgraded turbo. NGL though the 20+ timing tables are intimidating. šŸ˜…

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
On Ls vehicles yes many diy tuners make it work. On coyotes not so much. Histograms alone don't mean you can tune it in any way. Most of us coyote tuners have years and years in tune development and work full time to keep up with the latest vehicles

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On Ls vehicles yes many diy tuners make it work. On coyotes not so much. Histograms alone don't mean you can tune it in any way. Most of us coyote tuners have years and years in tune development and work full time to keep up with the latest vehicles
So support the devices prospective customers own.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Anyone that is willing to put in the time can tune a Coyote. Itā€™s not as hard as anyone makes it out to be. You have to keep up with all the vehicles you tune he only has to worry about one
Sponsored

Last edited: