Sponsored

Tune question

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I am considering doing a PMAS+tune. I don't have E85 where I live, but I frequently use the stock tune's ability to change fuel type. I use 87 when doing the daily slog to work, but then change to 93 when I drive on the weekends.

I am wondering if there's a tuner that does a tune which distinguishes between 87, 91 and 93. I was reading up on 'flexfuel' but that appears to be directed at adjusting for different ethanol blends.
Sponsored

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
I don't believe I've ever seen one. Most tune's are going to require at least 92 octane

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I believe the Flexfuel tune is what you're looking for.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I am considering doing a PMAS+tune. I don't have E85 where I live, but I frequently use the stock tune's ability to change fuel type. I use 87 when doing the daily slog to work, but then change to 93 when I drive on the weekends.

I am wondering if there's a tuner that does a tune which distinguishes between 87, 91 and 93. I was reading up on 'flexfuel' but that appears to be directed at adjusting for different ethanol blends.
The idea is you can switch between gas and E85. I don't know the details on how the well the tune handles different grades of gasoline.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Most tuners can have all covered, ask them they should be able to do it.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Crap I'm in trouble, failed to mention our state's 2% ethanol blend when I submitted my tune requiements.:headbonk::D

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
dont over think this. all necessary fuel/octane adjustments will be made when you datalog your tune and get a revision. its not like you pick one tune and thats all you get. just pick a reputable tuner, install the tune, data log, and go from there. our cars still pull timing on their own if crap fuel/knock is an issue if thats what you are concerned about. or spend the extra $.20 run premium to set your mind at ease.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I would just pick an octane and consistently use it. If your just filling up with 93 on the weekend, by the time the OAR is back to normal your gonna be putting 87 in it.

Get a tune and stick with 93 or stay stock and run whatever. To me it's kind of pointless to spend 600 bucks on a tune and tuning device and try to save 2-3 dollars on a full tank of gas.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
our lund flex fuel tune will adjust for different fuel types and octanes, doesn't have to be just ethanol, you could run 87, you can run ms109 etc as well

were lunds largest dealer and here from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week for all your needs

here is a nice discounted combo pack we offer

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/pmas-n-mt13-1-ngaugetune.html

ITSMEPAUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I gotta move to Morgantown where Nuke is from because I gotta say is is way way more than a few bucks extra when going to the higher octane in my area.

I played with the idea of a tune but decided it wasn't worth the little street gains when running 87 octane only.
Shift points I guess would benefit with the Auto Trans. But thats about it.
Sponsored