Tune for Power Pack 2

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I have the Ford Performance Power pack 2 and the tune that comes with it on my 2016 GT. Anyone one know if any of the tuners out there have a "stock" tune for that setup? Wanting to pull more of what Ford left on the table (if its there). TIA
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have the Ford Performance Power pack 2 and the tune that comes with it on my 2016 GT. Anyone one know if any of the tuners out there have a "stock" tune for that setup? Wanting to pull more of what Ford left on the table (if its there). TIA
Lund (and others too) will easily get you one - you just need to tell them what hardware you have installed that is different than stock.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you and/or your tuner have HP Tuners software, you can download a copy from their repository. Or you can download the current tune that's on your ECU and go from there.

However, I do not know of any professional tuners that will do that. They won't work off an existing tune, they will just sell you their own. Your best bet is to either learn HPT yourself, or find someone locally that has the hardware and is willing to help you tune.

One more however, there probably isn't much to gain unless you further modded the engine.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Lund (and others too) will easily get you one - you just need to tell them what hardware you have installed that is different than stock.
I think he's looking for an official FP PP2 tune copy, and for a tuner to evolve a tune based on that one. Which again I don't know of any that will do that. They like to use their own tunes, not fine-tune someone elses.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
The only thing that’s tricky for tuners in your setup is getting good drivability with your 87mm TB. The big names probably won’t have an issue. That said, I’m not sure how much FP left on the table. Lund or PB Dyno will know.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I think he's looking for an official FP PP2 tune copy, and for a tuner to evolve a tune based on that one. Which again I don't know of any that will do that. They like to use their own tunes, not fine-tune someone elses.
I assumed he wants a new one for the hardware config that came with the pack - FP tunes are conservative so likely one from a good tuner would gain some more hp/tq - modifying existing one - doubt anyone would do that.

I moved from FP tune for 18+ (that also included CAI/throttle body) to Lund with 93/Flex/E-85. Last one which I drove on the most, pulls significantly harder than FP one.

OP
OP
vernonator

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I assumed he wants a new one for the hardware config that came with the pack - FP tunes are conservative so likely one from a good tuner would gain some more hp/tq - modifying existing one - doubt anyone would do that.

I moved from FP tune for 18+ (that also included CAI/throttle body) to Lund with 93/Flex/E-85. Last one which I drove on the most, pulls significantly harder than FP one.
This - not looking to mod the FP tune, just wondered if any of the bigger names (livernois, Lund) may have a tune already for the hardware. Will reach out to Livernois - had their tune on my '12 Taurus SHO and really liked their service/product.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This - not looking to mod the FP tune, just wondered if any of the bigger names (livernois, Lund) may have a tune already for the hardware.
They do, although you won't gain that much power unless you go flex-fuel or straight e85. It's up to you whether spending another $500 is worth a handful of hp.

OP
OP
vernonator

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
They do, although you won't gain that much power unless you go flex-fuel or straight e85. It's up to you whether spending another $500 is worth a handful of hp.
Yeah that is my question/concern is there enough left to justify the new tuner and tune...probably not.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Most tuners will start from scratch. They typically do not like building off another tune which I would totally understand, however, most tuners we deal with like Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno, build some of the best tunes on the market for these cars and will make quite a bit more power over the conservative Ford Performance tunes in those kits. If you have any questions about what is offered in the tune world, feel free to shoot me a message anytime. Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
2015-2017 need different fuel pump / injectors if we want to switch to E85 / flex-fuel so this is not an option at least not a cheap one.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
2015-2017 need different fuel pump / injectors if we want to switch to E85 / flex-fuel so this is not an option at least not a cheap one.
On a 15-17 NA application different injectors are only needed if running an aftermarket manifold. OEM one does not require injector upgrade.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Exactly. That's why those with the PP2 should probably just stick with it until they do some other major mods like headers and intake manifold and E85 etc.
Sponsored