Sponsored

TSB for brembo squeal

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So my brembos squeal and I found the TSB that speaks to the problem. I call the dealership and they verify that my VIN number falls in within the dates that the TSB was issued for that model.

They wont order any parts until they duplicate the issue. It happens every day so i know they should be able to hear it, but if they try and give me a hard time is there anything i can do for backup. I'm still under warranty and have just 20k miles on my car. I have an issue with my car and would like them to fix it but the service guy on the phone was already giving me a hard time. So just want to plan ahead. Any suggestions i'm open. Appt set up for Oct 2nd.

TSB 15-0030
Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Have been noticing quite a bit of squeal with my own lately, since it's been nice enough to drive with windows down. Good to know this is out there. Wonder if the new parts gove off less brake dust as well so the wheels don't get so dirty so fast....

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
are you aware that the TSB does not apply to GTPP cars?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So my brembos squeal and I found the TSB that speaks to the problem. I call the dealership and they verify that my VIN number falls in within the dates that the TSB was issued for that model.

They wont order any parts until they duplicate the issue. It happens every day so i know they should be able to hear it, but if they try and give me a hard time is there anything i can do for backup. I'm still under warranty and have just 20k miles on my car. I have an issue with my car and would like them to fix it but the service guy on the phone was already giving me a hard time. So just want to plan ahead. Any suggestions i'm open. Appt set up for Oct 2nd.

TSB 15-0030
The only problem is that this TSB isn't for your car. It is for regular GT or Ecoboost with PP - which has the same front brakes. Read it - it lists one P/N for rotors and one for pads that fit both models.

OP
OP
5starr0

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
so no solution? I'm sure there is a fix. They put copper paste on other vehicles that have the same brembos. Nothing like having a nice car that sounds like it needs breaks when you only have 20k miles on it

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My F'in dealership told me the brake warranty only goes to 10k miles. If I wanted them to look at them, I would have to pay for parts and diagnosis.

I told them to pound sand as it would be cheaper and easier for me just to get new ceramic pads.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
so no solution? I'm sure there is a fix. They put copper paste on other vehicles that have the same brembos. Nothing like having a nice car that sounds like it needs breaks when you only have 20k miles on it
Are you sure you have pads left ? Are these stock pads I assume ? If yes, take them out and re-lubricate and see if that helps.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I’m still on original pads at 32k
Sponsored