Sponsored

Trying to tune my N/A 2020 GT with bolt ons. Need help please!

Alekha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have a 2020 Gt pp1 10r80. I bought a jlt cai, Texas speed catless 1 7/8th headers, and a borla atak cat back. I wanna go full e85 as well as have a 91 and a flex fuel tune. I'm leaning towards lund but their website is pretty confusing and they don't have a number to call. I'm trying to figure out what tuning device to get and what tune I should actually go with. Considering palm beach, Yellowjacket, or beefcake as well as Lund. Please if anyone has any pointers or can give me any advice it'll be much appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

Mike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I have a 2020 Gt pp1 10r80. I bought a jlt cai, Texas speed catless 1 7/8th headers, and a borla atak cat back. I wanna go full e85 as well as have a 91 and a flex fuel tune. I'm leaning towards lund but their website is pretty confusing and they don't have a number to call. I'm trying to figure out what tuning device to get and what tune I should actually go with. Considering palm beach, Yellowjacket, or beefcake as well as Lund. Please if anyone has any pointers or can give me any advice it'll be much appreciated. Thank you!
Regarding the device, you want the hp tuners rtd+. You will note that is the only one they sell at this time. And you want the e85 tune. The e85 tune will come with a 91 and a flex fuel tune.

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
Regarding the device, you want the hp tuners rtd+. You will note that is the only one they sell at this time. And you want the e85 tune. The e85 tune will come with a 91 and a flex fuel tune.
I just went through some issues with my 2019 GT and the Lund Flex tune. While trying to go from E85 to Flex, the car would not learn. After speaking to Lund, we figured out a roundabout way of handling it and eventually getting back to the 93 tune. Lund told me that they no longer offer the Flex tune for 2018+ because of the same issue that I have.

To the OP: Please do your homework on this. I bought the RTD+ with the Lund E85 tune from Beefcake Racing. I've dealt with Beefcake in the past and they have always been stellar, but something has been going on with Lund that I cannot comment on. I don't think Beefcake uses them, and they have been getting a bad rap here on this forum, but I honestly can't comment why. My 93 and E85 tune works great and the RTD+ with the TDN app makes things easy. I loved my SCT tuner, but this RTD module and TDN app is convenient and very easy to use. Everyone is going to have their own opinions about equipment and tuners. See what you feel works best for your application. This is a great forum for get knowledge from others experiences.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Would you consider tuning your own? that's the only way I fly. (hptuners) I'd give you my tune which would be E85 only and would only pretty need adjustment for your MAF/intake setup (I use Steeda pro-flow closed box)

OP
OP

Alekha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Would you consider tuning your own? that's the only way I fly. (hptuners) I'd give you my tune which would be E85 only and would only pretty need adjustment for your MAF/intake setup (I use Steeda pro-flow closed box)
honestly bro i have no idea how to even do that, plus i would want a flex/91 tune and not just pure e85 since this is my only car at the moment and dont wanna get screwed driving somewhere without an e85 pump around

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
The easiest route is find a used Lund Ngauge and go from there. Fill out the info on the site and order the tune.

OP
OP

Alekha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
The easiest route is find a used Lund Ngauge and go from there. Fill out the info on the site and order the tune.
The only problem with that is it's hard to find an unmarried and unlocked one that can't be unmarried anymore
Sponsored