Trunk release

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
So I finally took my car to the stealership today. It took over a week to get in and they tell me its what I told them I thought it was and now they have to order the harness and it will take 3 or 4 days to come in! They want almost $300 to do it and say it will take a couple hours. I ask if its under warranty and they say no. I proceeded to tell them there is a TCB on it and they say it doesn't matter because my 3 year/30k warranty is expired. So do you guys think I should bite the bullet and just have them do it or try another dealership? I didn't get my car there, so I think that's why they give me some hard times once in awhile, but still. I know some of you say do it yourself, but I got too much going on right now. I'm trying to get my house around to try to sell and have extra trips to work for meetings and testing for the stupid virus that just hit here.

BTW, I almost took a drive to look at a Scat Pack today, but changed my mind on the way there. I'm assuming they would give me a big hit with the trunk not opening. I was just going to explain what it is, but I figured it probably would be better just to get it fixed first. Plus I can't decide if I should get the car now or in the Spring? I want to get one now as they have the PD rebate (5k) on the remaining 20's and good trade in values, but I want to get another house with a garage and heard its not a good idea to make a large purchase right before a mortgage. I keep going back and forth. I mean, the payment should be about what I'm paying now since I should have about 10k in trade equity and the rebates, but it will show as a new loan with a lot higher balance to pay off. The house thing is pissing me off too as its been over 2 months and barely got anything done as I can't seem to find a "decent" contractor that isn't too busy and will work around my schedule. All I really have left to to is a lot of painting, but the realtor suggested I put new carpet or flooring in too. IDK, I will most likely put one or both off until the Spring.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Definitely don't finance a new car before the house, especially now. Just fix the car, and see what happens after the deal with the new house is done. Good luck.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Definitely don't finance a new car before the house, especially now. Just fix the car, and see what happens after the deal with the new house is done.
Pretty much this.

Get a quote from a local mechanic to fix the trunk release. If it's cheaper than the dealer's quote, go with that.

Wait until next year after you've acquired the new home and just take advantage of any car deals then. FCA offers great incentives on Chally's and Chargers every year.
Sponsored