Trunk Latch Trim?

rbrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium 'Vert
Not sure if this has been posted before- I drive a 2018 ecoboost convertible, and in the trunk there are two “flaps” that fold up over the trunk latch when the trunk is open, and push down when the trunk shuts.

mine are broken...completely missing so there’s a giant hole where those should be (over the metal body piece that the trunk lid latches to).

anyone else had this issue, and if so, gotten it replaced? My car is under warranty, but my stealership says it’s not covered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rbrt

rbrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium 'Vert
Mine have popped off before. They are trivial to replace and probably only a few dollars.
when I went to ford today and they said it wasn’t covered, they said the only way to replace was to replace the entire plastic piece on the inside of the trunk. Those little flaps aren’t sold separately

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
when I went to ford today and they said it wasn’t covered, they said the only way to replace was to replace the entire plastic piece on the inside of the trunk. Those little flaps aren’t sold separately
Unless you find something that was in a frontal collision.

Ford has the whole piece listed as P/N:6345522 for around $150.

Heck, you could probably even find one that got rear-ended and those flaps would still be useable.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Unless you find something that was in a frontal collision.

Ford has the whole piece listed as P/N:6345522 for around $150.

Heck, you could probably even find one that got rear-ended and those flaps would still be useable.
My '18 EcoBoost convertible came to me used, missing those pieces. My search has found that they only come with the whole trim piece. I have found the whole piece, with the two trim pieces, from a wrecked car. They want $40 for the part and $40 to ship - Ebay if you want to look. More than I want to spend though. I figure I'll eventually find them locally.
Sponsored