Troubleshooting my newly installed ESS G2 kit

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
im not someone to look into making trouble. Are you mad at me or something? Why would I make a scene on his platform when there is already a ticket system in place to fix the issue via email?

This thread originally was not a post to bash Lund because I am not, it was for assisting my Install and troubleshooting what could have went wrong and asking the members on this forum for advice, which I received and am very grateful for it. Unfortunately It eventually landed on the calibration being the reason for my issues. They were the calibrators, anyway you look at the facts.
Looks like we are looking at the same words and reading them in two different voices! I am not mad at all or thinking you want to make trouble. I want to help you get to a solution! The only reason I said anything about the livestream is because you may be able to get a different set of eyes on it. I have seen it happen before where he found an issue.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Lund sucks are just dick swingers who jumped on the bandwagon with no personal experience.
It was 12 or 13 when Lund F@cked me.

Hope you get it fixed.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll take that back and put a positive spin on it.

It was 12 or 13 when Lund caused me to become educated on tuning

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
Looks like we are looking at the same words and reading them in two different voices! I am not mad at all or thinking you want to make trouble. I want to help you get to a solution! The only reason I said anything about the livestream is because you may be able to get a different set of eyes on it. I have seen it happen before where he found an issue.
my apologies brother, it just sounded like you were coming at me side ways šŸ˜…

I am grateful for the help from everyone, really. But I feel if I went on his show to make my case I would be the next laughing stock in his show. Heā€™d run with it, with minimal information on my situation, and take a crack at me probably lol

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
my apologies brother, it just sounded like you were coming at me side ways šŸ˜…

I am grateful for the help from everyone, really. But I feel if I went on his show to make my case I would be the next laughing stock in his show. Heā€™d run with it, with minimal information on my situation, and take a crack at me probably lol
Nothing sideways here. I want to get you up and running.

The show can be unpredictable. Depends on the mood of the night lol. All I am saying is could be worth a shot. Has Lund gotten back to you today?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing sideways here. I want to get you up and running.

The show can be unpredictable. Depends on the mood of the night lol. All I am saying is could be worth a shot. Has Lund gotten back to you today?
I will later today when I finish work and work on the car. I will for sure get a response tomorrow morning at the latest

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on the car:

After checking everything twice over, car still would not hold idle after start up. Recorded two logs and emailing Lund again on the situation.

Iā€™m not giving up. I know itā€™s a tune issue. Car was able to idle for about 5 seconds if I slightly held the gas pedal down but would die after I let go of the gas.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My honest recommendation is to cut your losses and move on from Lund. There's a VERY high chance they resist the idea that it's tune related. You should see how much Wengerd or Juggernaut or Ortiz or AED or someone responsive will be to transition over. There's plenty of decent tuners available and many/most of them aren't as resistant as Lund to admitting the tune is at fault.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My own personal experience was after running their flex fuel tune, I finally got around to loading the E85 race tune. Car immediately started going into limp mode at random times. After exchanges with them and replacing my MAF sensor and chasing ghosts, I finally gave up and just loaded the flex tune back and the issue went away. You be the judge.

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Update on the car:

After checking everything twice over, car still would not hold idle after start up. Recorded two logs and emailing Lund again on the situation.

Iā€™m not giving up. I know itā€™s a tune issue. Car was able to idle for about 5 seconds if I slightly held the gas pedal down but would die after I let go of the gas.
I just added a free test tune (speed limited) you can load to the car.

Load it and fire it up

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
so i didnt read the whole thread and maybe someone mentioned it already but youre not going to want to run that catch can due to there being no check valve on it. That shouldnt be your idle problem however, but it will be under boost, as youll just be dumping boost into the crankcase and not the intake.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Wengerd continues to prove why the Lund nut swingers are just that at this point. There is very little reason to use them these days. Mr. Wengerd, keep doing what you do. ( I am not tuned by you, but I would not hesitate to do business with you).
Ya, i went with him after reading all the shit about lund and Wengerd has been great to work with. He got my tune right on the first revision. Ive heard of people going back and forth with Lund several times and it still not being right. Theres so many people on the Facebook ESS group that just kiss Lunds ass. They like to say everyone else builds their tunes off Lunds tunes. We'll if thats the case its even more sad when they can actually get it right.

I just added a free test tune (speed limited) you can load to the car.

Load it and fire it up
Exactly my point lol. Dude was up at nearly midnight getting you a free tune to at least get your shit idling correctly.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
This is why Wengerd is the bestā€¦.
Guy actually cares.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
That's nice of Wengerd to give you that test tune, makes me glad that I went with him instead of some of the other options. Guy is always answering emails and questions for us.
Sponsored