gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Yellow Mustangs always have to park together at the major events. Competition Orange get to park with whoever we want to
Sponsored

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
/thread

this was before I dipped all my emblems though.

god so beautiful, im glad i didnt change my mind to DIB..cant freaking wait.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
My wife and I are currently going back and forth between these two colors if we decide to actually get a Mustang. (I also like Ingot Silver with the Redline Recaros, but she's not big on silver cars and my incoming SS is silver.) Originally we planned to get Triple Yellow if we liked it in person and Race Red if we did not; we never considered Competition Orange. When we saw Triple Yellow in person, we both liked it and so the matter of color seemed settled...until we saw a Competition Orange in person at the dealer and really loved it. Now we can't decide, so you're not alone.

I think Triple Yellow is a bit more classic and conservative, but still bright, while Competition Orange pops a little more. It's also a nice departure from the more ubiquitous Race Red while still retaining a similar look. I must admit that the $500 premium for Triple Yellow is pushing me toward Competition Orange, but then again, $500 on a $40,000 car is not really significant. Still, $500 is $500. I'm curious to see if one or both of these colors will go away this year, which may influence our decisions.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
My wife and I are currently going back and forth between these two colors if we decide to actually get a Mustang. (I also like Ingot Silver with the Redline Recaros, but she's not big on silver cars and my incoming SS is silver.) Originally we planned to get Triple Yellow if we liked it in person and Race Red if we did not; we never considered Competition Orange. When we saw Triple Yellow in person, we both liked it and so the matter of color seemed settled...until we saw a Competition Orange in person at the dealer and really loved it. Now we can't decide, so you're not alone.

I think Triple Yellow is a bit more classic and conservative, but still bright, while Competition Orange pops a little more. It's also a nice departure from the more ubiquitous Race Red while still retaining a similar look. I must admit that the $500 premium for Triple Yellow is pushing me toward Competition Orange, but then again, $500 on a $40,000 car is not really significant. Still, $500 is $500. I'm curious to see if one or both of these colors will go away this year, which may influence our decisions.
My situation is similar to yours! I was all set on Triple Yellow UNTIL I saw that beautiful Competition Orange!

I have to agree with all your points about both colors, but for me I'll be paying the same for whatever color I get ... :gossip: which most probably is going to be Competition Orange.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I actually had the same dilemma, I was set on competition orange (was debating it over triple yellow until I saw a 2015 race red and went with that. While the CO is nice; it does attract a lot of attention (more than I'd be willing to handle imo). The race red was a perfect balance for me.

Now that I've seen Liquid Blue in person, I wish I could've got that colour on a mustang!

Sponsored

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
My two favorite colors, though I never really considered ordering Triple Yellow. Too afraid it would start to look like a Ford Probe with a Testerossa body kit after a few years.

I just passed a 2015 Triple Yellow with the black PP rims today. My god. Sexiest. Mustang. Ever. I think TY is kinda like leather pants. If you got the ass for it...by all means.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm going with Competition Orange. It was my first choice back in November, and when I saw the color in person I just fell in love with it. Triple Yellow was more like "Eh, that's a nice color, more like a second choice color". It just didn't speak to me the same way CO did. One thing though I have to live with, it comes with Black painted mirrors (disregarding the color).

Anyway, I'll post pictures as soon as I get the car. Can't wait!

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
CO is gorgeous - it was a close 'competition' for me between CO and TY with Guard as a distant third. The limited availability of yellow (Ford only does them rarely) + the look in person (it looks amazing in dreary cloudy Seattle) made me go for TY and I'm glad I did. I was also worried that CO might look like dull red in some lighting situations.

You win either way with these colors - so much nicer IMHO than silver, gray, white.

Not sure if the extra cost of TY is because the paint is higher quality - I did notice its better than the paint in my last BMW. Minimal orange peel and looks thick.

TY is also looks very clean all the time (kinda like white). All the best in your choice! Here's some latest photos of my TY in case it sways ya (it does 'change color' depending on lighting - the photos are pretty accurate)!

:thumbsup:
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0826.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i could own both but i have the CO to match the boss 302 i have...
if i had the SBY boss then i would have bought the TY.
its all about the color.
if it was my only mustang then maybe the Ruby RED since all my mustangs from 94-06 were this color...
Sponsored