Sponsored

Trade a 2015 GT auto non PP for a 2016 Eco PP auto?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
13 to 15 mpgs on the ecoboost? If those mpg are true, I think Ford would have a revolution on their hands.
I can't speak about the Ecoboost Mustang other than from my own personal experience so far..

That being said, I know the F150 EB guys are pissed at their terrible fuel economy.. I think it's just the nature of the twin scroll making max torque at low revs coupled with a heavy vehicle.

I mean, when I accelerate briskly I see the boost gauge ping 18-20psi almost instantly.. and that's not flooring it that's just driving away from a stop..

I dunno maybe something is wrong with my EBM.. for one thing, that turbo spool sure sounds louder than I expected it to be.. and I love it. heh. Going to love it even more when I get my MMR intake tomorrow.
Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Or, or, you can go on craigslist and get yourself a good commuter car for work like I did. I picked up a '99 pontiac grand prix gt for 1200. Nice interior and great on gas. The only thing that was worn out were the tires. I simply put my stock mustang wheels I had removed when I switch to PP wheels and hit the road! I have a 150 mile round trip to work and fill up twice a week. With prices right now, I fill up with about 45 bucks, 14 gallons. I now keep my car GT in my garage and take it out mostly on sundays when I visit my family. Check craigslist, there are lots of good deals on there. Just my .02

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking going the suspension mod route....I do worry about the warranty a bit. Also, it is such an unknown outcome. I just do not know enough about car NVH and engineering to start to replace parts and hope it has a good outcome.
there are plenty of people that have the IRS components. just ask questions. vendors are very helpful.

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Currently at about 400 dollars a month in gas and sunpass tolls. 25 to 35% gas savings would rock my world.
This is your biggest issue. Car handling is not a major one since in 2 hours of traffic you are not exploring the car's agility.

So in other words, you best option is find a hybrid or a camry. I do not think 35% decrease is worth a trade for an EB.

$400 a month is a more than a car payment for most 2012-2013 cars.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
sounds like you need a hybrid not an ecoboost. the eco name ford came up with is genius for making people think it actually gets good gas mileage.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to add to the conversation on fuel economy as a deciding factor...

I took these just now.. I dunno, you guys do the math from the last one, maybe the gauge is wrong, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong or maybe my EB is broken or maybe I'm a much more aggressive driver than I thought.. even more so than some one that tracks their car apparently..

Since the last fill up (previous pic)

Lifetime with 200+ mile highway trip averaging 28mpg:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just to add to the conversation on fuel economy as a deciding factor...

I took these just now.. I dunno, you guys do the math from the last one, maybe the gauge is wrong, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong or maybe my EB is broken or maybe I'm a much more aggressive driver than I thought.. even more so than some one that tracks their car apparently..
Your car is indeed Broken, I have been driving the crap out of mine generally cruising at 100 mph (hit 175mph as well) or more on the autobahn and accelerating WOT alot and still have 20 mpg.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I feel like something is off with your car. I beat on my gt and do 90% city driving and still get 15+ mpg on average.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well up to this point I have not experienced any issues.. no stuttering, no lack of power (pulls pretty nicely up to the dreaded 5500), no engine lights.. no gas leak as far as I can tell Lol..

I hope it is a Lemon.. I wouldn't mind a new one.. I really wanted a Manual and sort of got talked into an auto heh.

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
Have you guys thought of this? Perhaps the OP is just trying to maximize his payment in a color he likes? Those folks are not the "true Mustang buyers" like the rest of us. We (mostly) pay cash, and don't really care WTF we get for mileage. This ain't the real world for most sorta working class folks. I have two coyote's in my garage, and will never buy ANY vehicle with less than 8 spark plugs as long as I live. Other folks can only afford what the bank says- must be sad:(

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Us poor souls. Maybe the OP should just gut his GT and shave off a couple hundred lbs that should bring those mpgs right up. No passenger seats, no problem

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys thought of this? Perhaps the OP is just trying to maximize his payment in a color he likes? Those folks are not the "true Mustang buyers" like the rest of us. We (mostly) pay cash, and don't really care WTF we get for mileage. This ain't the real world for most sorta working class folks. I have two coyote's in my garage, and will never buy ANY vehicle with less than 8 spark plugs as long as I live. Other folks can only afford what the bank says- must be sad:(
wtf? ^^^ true mustang enthusiasts pay cash? ha.:headbonk:

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah.. I dunno what that guy is talking about, especially considering one of the reasons the OP listed as a consideration for trading in his GT for a EB was because of mpg's due to his long commute..

I'm simply discussing my experience with mpg's in the EB as to better inform the OP.. from my experience, I wouldn't expect a significant decrease in expenses unless it's all highway driving.. I personally don't care all too much about mpg's but I did expect them to be better with the EB.. is all I'm saying.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Based on my experience I don't think a comparison to your situation is an accurate representation. I would seriously have to try to get less than 17mpg. From what I've seen on here it is a pretty safe bet to say you will see an average of 4-5mpg difference going from 5.0 to 2.3. In the past 17,000 miles the highest I have seen was 36mpg for a 2hr highway drive and the lowest average for a trip was 21mpg when I was driving from my place through Philly. Maybe if I just stayed in Philly at all times it would be less than 17 but then that would be the case for almost any car

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
wtf? ^^^ true mustang enthusiasts pay cash? ha.:headbonk:
Maybe I'M the strange one?-could be. I always pay cash, and I don't get concerned about MPGs until the DD mileage on CC nets me less than 5MPGs @ 55mph. My first pony was a '65 271hp 4 speed(the year was 1972), and I've had one of just about every variety since then.
Sponsored