Sponsored

Track tires

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Good information, thanks. Are you keeping that camber when on the street?
Yeah.... Inside shoulders are quite worn out with not that many miles so do not recommend it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Meateater

Meateater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yeah.... Inside shoulders are quite worn out with not that many miles so do not recommend it...
Good info KZ. Have to figure out a decent way to reset for track and street while maintaining good geometry. Maybe try to make a deal with the local shop I use. Thanks for the chat!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Good info KZ. Have to figure out a decent way to reset for track and street while maintaining good geometry. Maybe try to make a deal with the local shop I use. Thanks for the chat!
I have strut towers marked and currently some toe out - my plan is to reduce camber to more or less place where toe is zero for street driving and then put it back where it was - it's won't be super accurate but with markings and camber gage / toe plates I probably can do decent job with it.

I can take a pic of how the shoulder looks this weekend since I will have the wheels off.

OP
OP
Meateater

Meateater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have strut towers marked and currently some toe out - my plan is to reduce camber to more or less place where toe is zero for street driving and then put it back where it was - it's won't be super accurate but with markings and camber gage / toe plates I probably can do decent job with it.

I can take a pic of how the shoulder looks this weekend since I will have the wheels off.
I'd appreciate that. If you can send pics of your marking system too, that would be helpful. I have seen other guys set ups where they mark their street and track settings on their plates. Was thinking that was a good way without hitting the alignment shop after every event.
Sponsored