Track / Street Rotors and Pads for 2019 GT PP2

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Does anyone recommend a brake pad / rotor combination that bites more at the track but can still be street driven. My use is 60% street, 40% track. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Define "can be street-driven".
How much brake squeal and dust do you want to deal with?

The stock PP compound pads are pretty decent dual purpose already...the hawk 5.0 are decent too, at least for less aggressive setups. I wouldn't bother with either in higher skill groups or with stickier tires though.

So... depending on your skill level/tires/what you'll be doing with the car on track, it's probably going to be best to swap brake pads. Carbotech and G-loc both make compatible compounds if you only want one set of rotors. I personally run carbotech xp12 front/xp10 rear with 200tw tires. They perform and hold up great on track...street they dust and squeal...a lot.

As for rotors...just use OEM blanks or high carbon blanks from local parts store. Durable, plentiful, doesn't brake the bank.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Define "can be street-driven".
How much brake squeal and dust do you want to deal with?

The stock PP compound pads are pretty decent dual purpose already...the hawk 5.0 are decent too, at least for less aggressive setups. I wouldn't bother with either in higher skill groups or with stickier tires though.

So... depending on your skill level/tires/what you'll be doing with the car on track, it's probably going to be best to swap brake pads. Carbotech and G-loc both make compatible compounds if you only want one set of rotors. I personally run carbotech xp12 front/xp10 rear with 200tw tires. They perform and hold up great on track...street they dust and squeal...a lot.

As for rotors...just use OEM blanks or high carbon blanks from local parts store. Durable, plentiful, doesn't brake the bank.
I used to run Poterfield or Pagid on one of my 911 track cars on both the track and street and the noise does not bother me. I am running Goodyear Supercar 3 R's and Hoosier R7 on Fikse wheels at the track now. I appreciate you sharing with me what you use. The OEM rotors are quite inexpensive, and I usually replace them every March, just before the track season starts. I run with very fast people in GT3RS and GT4 Caymans, plus BMW M3 and Corvettes. I am looking to be able to go that little bit deeper into corners before braking to cut some lap time out. Thanks.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green

Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Exactly. The pads and fluid (and ducting) will determine fade resistance. Unless your track time kept you busy for 24 hours on the Florida coast last weekend you probably don't need to spend a lot on rotors.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can daily GLOC R12 (front) /R10 (rear) pads. They’re just sometimes noisy and always very dusty. if you need a track pad, you need a track pad. On cars this heavy, there is no good dual duty pad if you’re actually trying to brake later into corners with confidence.

cooling - i’d look at the larger Vorahlag air deflector plates, they helped on my car. its no fun putting on good track pads and chasing down a GT3 just to boil your brake fluid.

for me, swapping between GLOC track pads and steet pads is worth the time, because the dust is just too much. Im only at the track a handful of times a year so I daily on GS1 or the autocross pads.
Sponsored