Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Interesting stuff, 2 seconds doesn't seem like a lot but it is.
And 2 seconds could easily be attributed to tires alone. Again, would be nice to see an "apples to apples" comparison.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
It would've been nice if they had run both cars on the same tires. I have no experience with the PS4s, but I can tell you that the PZeros that came on my EB PP car were lousy on track.

Also, I noticed that neither car had a strut brace. That is standard on the PP cars here in the states. Although, the GT used in the video may not have been a PP car. It sounds like they made some of the GT PP equipment standard down there (brakes, wheels/tires, etc.).
Unfortunately our GT’s don’t come with the strut brace as standard, I think they are a combination of the PP1 and the Premium.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
2.4 seconds, but the video looks like they were pushing the 2.3 far harder.
It's an easier car to push because it's a bit lighter and the power difference means that it's much less prone to biting the driver in the ass.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Aren’t the S550’s de-tuned on that side of the water? I never pay attention to any non-US version comparison because of this.

I didn’t know a HPP 2.3 existed lol. So it’s the Focus RS engine, PP Diff, GT brakes and sway bar, and Magneride, with corsa tires. Not bad, and cool they bumped up the EcoBoost. Looks like on a bigger track it did the Lightning Lap at 3:04 while the 18 PP 5.0 did 2:53.
Not bad.

0B3CB54F-81E6-4DFC-A42C-8E59F1891EC3.png

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It would've been nice if they had run both cars on the same tires. I have no experience with the PS4s, but I can tell you that the PZeros that came on my EB PP car were lousy on track.

Also, I noticed that neither car had a strut brace. That is standard on the PP cars here in the states. Although, the GT used in the video may not have been a PP car. It sounds like they made some of the GT PP equipment standard down there (brakes, wheels/tires, etc.).
Export cars are PP equipped but without strut tower brace.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Export cars are PP equipped but without strut tower brace.
Funny thing is that used to be called an export brace (some still do).

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True but it's not always apples to apples at the lights
Hmm, not exactly sure what this means in this context. But to reiterate my point, on a road course, tires make a huge difference. I don't know how much of a difference there is between the Michelins and the Pirellis on these two vehicles. But the best way to see which car is faster around the track, would be to put them on the same tire.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, not exactly sure what this means in this context. But to reiterate my point, on a road course, tires make a huge difference. I don't know how much of a difference there is between the Michelins and the Pirellis on these two vehicles. But the best way to see which car is faster around the track, would be to put them on the same tire.
New PZero's are 220TW when PS4s are 300TW theoretically based on that we can assume PZero's are faster and by a good margin. However who knows what TW really means.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New PZero's are 220TW when PS4s are 300TW theoretically based on that we can assume PZero's are faster and by a good margin. However who knows what TW really means.
Yes, that should be telling, in some respects. However, as I mentioned previously, I tried to some track days with the 220 TW Pirellis and they were awful. I have run Dunlop Star spec 200 TW tires on a '72 911 and they were fantastic. similarly, RE71 200 TW on a 944 Turbo, also awesome. Based on my previous experience with other 200 TW tires, I was expecting a lot more from the Pirellis. But it is certainly possible that the Michelins are just as bad.

I got some dedicated track wheels eventually for the Ecostang, and put Supercar 3Rs 100 TW on them. Out of this world!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But the best way to see which car is faster around the track, would be to put them on the same tire.
indeed. Or take 10 minutes in the pits and swap the wheels between the cars and re-run. How does this NOT occur to "testers"? NOBODY gives a damn how a car performs on factory tires aside from a useless throwaway datapoint that no one who is remotely serious will care about nor duplicate.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I just removed my Pirelli 60 TW Corsa whatever and replaced them with 320 TW Firestones. For sure the Firestones are the faster tire. I doubt the Pirellis are that big of an advantage.
Sponsored