Sponsored

smithhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, Auto, 3.55
indeed. Or take 10 minutes in the pits and swap the wheels between the cars and re-run. How does this NOT occur to "testers"? NOBODY gives a damn how a car performs on factory tires aside from a useless throwaway datapoint that no one who is remotely serious will care about nor duplicate.
Good idea. To me if they aren't on the same tires the comparison is meaningless.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just removed my Pirelli 60 TW Corsa whatever and replaced them with 320 TW Firestones. For sure the Firestones are the faster tire. I doubt the Pirellis are that big of an advantage.
I'm not saying the PZero's are faster just that they are rated like 220 TW which is lower than PS4s one. My PZero's were terrible on track but they were 300 TW not 220 TW so this is a new revision on them. Though I would not buy PZero ever again and didn't wish them on my biggest enemy. Mostly because Pirelli makes tires on the harder side which mean that they heat up slow and overheat fast.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying the PZero's are faster
TLew pulled off TW60 tires and found a set of TW300 were 'faster'. I have those same TW60 pirelli's. They aren't anywhere in the same universe as my 100 series tires. I don't know how Pirelli managed to come up with TW 60 but they must have been drunk and blind.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Personally I love Pirelli durability, ride and quietness and see that titersck test charts show them all so close 99% of folks will never experience the quantataive difference.
Lol. The ones I had didn't have any of that. They were also low-grip and had nasty breakaway characteristics.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm not saying the PZero's are faster just that they are rated like 220 TW which is lower than PS4s one. My PZero's were terrible on track but they were 300 TW not 220 TW so this is a new revision on them. Though I would not buy PZero ever again and didn't wish them on my biggest enemy. Mostly because Pirelli makes tires on the harder side which mean that they heat up slow and overheat fast.
I'm just saying that the treadwear number doesn't have much to do with the grip level. The Pirelli's which my car came with didn't have many redeeming qualities and getting on relatively inexpensive Firestones was noticeably positive.

On a side note, are things ok in Bulgaria? You've got a reasonable separation to Ukraine, but it's close enough to be a concern.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just saying that the treadwear number doesn't have much to do with the grip level. The Pirelli's which my car came with didn't have many redeeming qualities and getting on relatively inexpensive Firestones was noticeably positive.

On a side note, are things ok in Bulgaria? You've got a reasonable separation to Ukraine, but it's close enough to be a concern.
So far is just a concern everything is fine we are a NATO Member so we should be fine. But a lot of Bulgarians are helping to evacuate people from Ukraine and we will have a refugee wave for sure. Though Bulgaria is very energy dependant on Russia as both our gas and petrol are coming from Russia so naturally gas prices are on the rise. But overall so far everything is fine here.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but hit some monster potholes and will appreciate the trade off. Maybe adopt Italian driving style haha
What part of 'they sucked' are you struggling with?
Sponsored