Sponsored

Track or street car...which do you want?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I want something to compete with my Z28. I can't drive the 302R to the track. The GT w/PP should satisfy the casual track guy who needs a comfy DD too. Bring your best Ford.
This and then some. My next Stang will be over the top or I'm buying a Porsche 911. Started going to the track (road courses) about 3 years ago and it's more fun than drag racing, but cost more.
Sponsored

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
If you want it all, you have to live with the weight. You can't have weight reduction and all the nice things in the same package without significant cost to the end user.

I guess I am the minority that doesn't use my AC, cruise, or CD/aux port in my car. If I need NAV, I bring my Tom Tom. A simple radio will suffice, no need for extra amps and 22 speakers.

I hope they make it like the old Cobra R, raw and straight forward performance monster. Screw you nancy boys that want to be coddled in leather and AC!

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
If you want it all, you have to live with the weight. You can't have weight reduction and all the nice things in the same package without significant cost to the end user.

I guess I am the minority that doesn't use my AC, cruise, or CD/aux port in my car. If I need NAV, I bring my Tom Tom. A simple radio will suffice, no need for extra amps and 22 speakers.

I hope they make it like the old Cobra R, raw and straight forward performance monster. Screw you nancy boys that want to be coddled in leather and AC!

I only ask for AC because I want a daily driver and if you drive in a houston summer without AC you might as well be digging your own grave lol

That said, I don't see why the GT350r couldn't be bare bones, hardcore track machine with no pleasantries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

Excuse you sir..

I expect to have every creature comfort, with no extra weight, no extra cost, a high revving, 500+HP V8, out handles an Ariel Atom and can break 200 MPH in a flat run for $40,000.

Otherwise I'll consider it a fail by Ford! HURR A DURR. :lol:

*Note for all who can read but not detect sarcasm, I wasn't serious*

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excuse you sir..

I expect to have every creature comfort, with no extra weight, no extra cost, a high revving, 500+HP V8, out handles an Ariel Atom and can break 200 MPH in a flat run for $40,000.

Otherwise I'll consider it a fail by Ford! HURR A DURR. :lol:

*Note for all who can read but not detect sarcasm, I wasn't serious*

FINALLY! Someone who shares my passion! Honestly though, if it's not cheaper than the base Fiesta, I'm gonna be pissed!

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
Personally, I'm looking for a high performance weekend road trip fun-mobile. A few creature comforts will be helpful for maximizing the enjoyment I get out of a fantastic engine, transmission, suspension, and handling set-up. For those who want a track-devouring, z/28-withering, fire-breathing, mind-blowing beast of lovecraftian proportions, then I fully expect Ford will give you a chance to buy a GT350 variant that you can option out to achieve that goal. :-)

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I only ask for AC because I want a daily driver and if you drive in a houston summer without AC you might as well be digging your own grave lol

That said, I don't see why the GT350r couldn't be bare bones, hardcore track machine with no pleasantries.

+1 I want a track focused car first. Being street legal, I would need AC since I live in the high desert in Cali and it gets HOT here as well. A basic/lightweight radio I can plug my phone into (bluetooth or corded) is all I need. If I really need NAV I can use my phone. I love having NAV and all the creature comforts in our Fusion, but a street legal track car should only have enough to be live-able.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Premium's touch screen probably weighs less than Base's 50+ button radio head unit. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's standard. Hoping they'll trim the speakers from 9 to 4.

A/C only included in a leather/premium package would be worst case. Better to be included or stand alone option.

Garrett94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
1966 fastback project
I think, there are plenty of street Mustangs... V6, EB, EB PP, GT, GT PP, Roush, RTR, Hennessy and custom one-off tuners.

I'd like to see a 911 GT3 style track car at Mustang prices.

Open to everything being road race spec. Don't need more than 510hp if chassis is done well (leave 700hp for GT500). Only "street" I'd like to keep is 4 seats. Rear seats don't add too much weight. Can be removed easy if user needed to. Also, rear seat delete seems like a waste of space.

Big touch screen, quality 4 speakers and Recaro are all it needs standard. I hope leather, nav, 12 speaker systems are options. Race style options, maybe, carbon front brakes, carbon rims, carbon Recaro seats, titanium exhaust, bigger aero kit. But in general, I hope, it's spartan to keep base price reasonable.
I completely agree I would like to see a car that's stripped back and spartan I love that race car for the street vibe, being a crazy young guy though comfort just isn't high on my list of priorities

Sponsored
OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I completely agree I would like to see a car that's stripped back and spartan I love that race car for the street vibe, being a crazy young guy though comfort just isn't high on my list of priorities
When you get it, I'd like to borrow it for an afternoon. I'm going to daily drive my car and in Bakersfield that means a minimum of 6 months over 90 degrees.

I applaud those of you hearty enough to want a stripped track beast. Clearly age has softened me. Give me nice leather, great sounds, low 12's in the quarter and handling a solid step above the GT w/performance pack that I can drive EVERYDAY in comfort......I'm a happy camper.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
A high performing street car, that I can still put on the track once a year. The track perfermance doesn't have to be perfect, but decent. I think we get that with the GT with PP based on the reviews.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Give me nice leather, great sounds, low 12's in the quarter and handling a solid step above the GT w/performance pack that I can drive EVERYDAY in comfort......I'm a happy camper.
Just a thought, I don't think a high revving engine with light weight crank, rotating assembly and flywheel would be great for stop and go traffic or drag racing. I've lived with that kind of setup before. I'd do it again, if forced into having only one car. But it's not comfortable.

Maybe a GT500 or Premium GT automatic with warrantied Ford Racing supercharger kit would be more balanced package for quick street comfort.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My plan is DD as I've already stated. However, I don't need anything more than a decent stereo (satellite radio) and AC and I'm golden. I test drove a boss and could definitely live with similar. Being in Texas, as I've said before requires the AC BUT it will also allow me to go to the track once every month if I can so that is the plan here :-D this won't be a daily driver show baby, I'm gonna throttle it every chance I get (in other words, as much as the wife lets me lol)

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
I doubt we will see a stripped car since they historically don't sell as well. Ford has no doubt seen the hoopla that surrounded the Z/28 being devoid of creature comforts and how many people moaned and groaned the lack of amenities.

Unfortunately, the hardcore among us don't account for more of the buying public. The goal is to sell cars, and putting all the goodies in the car will sell more units than a car without. Best case scenario is at least giving those of us that want a car without the extras the chance to buy a street legal version of the car as opposed to a race only version that only comes as a part number and can't be made street legal.
Sponsored