Sponsored

track mode in base gt

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track mode in the premium is not just about traction control (or lack of) it also modifies steering firmness, throttle response, and auto shift patterns.

What does the Sport mode in Base car do? I wonder if it is different than the Sport+ mode of the premium - where again, Steering response, throttle response, and auto shift points are adjusted.
I think it would be pointless. the steering response can be adjusted, and trac control off but the throttle response remains that same. I don't have a baseline to compare to but my throttle feels pretty good. I bet it could be improved though. I need to drive a GT in AT.
Sponsored

OP
OP

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
so there is no track mode? thats what i thought. i wonder if any aftermarket tuners can turn on the drive modes on the base cars?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Track mode in a premium gt is achievable by putting it on sport mode then manually turning off the traction control!

The only difference between the track mode and sport is the track mode disables traction control automatically! You still need to hold the traction control button 7 seconds to disable advancetrack!

I m sure for a base gt if there is a way to put it on sport mode then the track mode is achievable! Put it on sport mode then diasable the traction control voila! I dont know if the steering mode is adjustable in the base model though! The throttle reponse with the sport and track mode seems to be the same!

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Button pressed momentarily: traction control is disabled, ESC is enabled.
Button pressed twice rapidly: Sport mode is enabled (if equipped), traction control and ESC are enabled with modified intervention thresholds. Sport Mode is not available on vehicles equipped with Selectable Driving Modes.
Button pressed and held for more than 5 seconds: AdvanceTrac off mode, traction control and ESC are both disabled.
Button pressed again after deactivation: traction control and ESC are both enabled.
Regardless of the driver selected state of the AdvanceTrac feature, when the ignition is cycled from ON to OFF and back to ON, both the traction control and the ESC are reset to enabled.

Sport mode in the Base GT w PP changes steering firmness and throttle response; there is also the option to change the steering from "comfort" "normal" and "sport"

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
I m sure for a base gt if there is a way to put it on sport mode then the track mode is achievable! Put it on sport mode then diasable the traction control voila! I dont know if the steering mode is adjustable in the base model though! The throttle reponse with the sport and track mode seems to be the same!
Base has steering mode buttons next to start are hazard, TC, and steering.

Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Wait, what is this "sport mode". I have auto GT and have an option under D that has "s". Is that the sport mode for auto drivers?

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Who cares, just drive the damn car. Idk why people get so caught up with "driving modes", it's just a gimmick. Your car doesn't go any faster or perform any better just because you have different " modes". It's a sports car, get in, put your foot on the go pedal, and have fun!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
lol, i havent even tried any of the different "steering feels" and sport/track mode. i just start the car and go.

i guess people just want to explore what's available to them, nothing wrong with that

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Who cares, just drive the damn car. Idk why people get so caught up with "driving modes", it's just a gimmick. Your car doesn't go any faster or perform any better just because you have different " modes". It's a sports car, get in, put your foot on the go pedal, and have fun!
Have you actually driven and compared the different driving modes?

No, they don't make the car go any faster, but there is a distinctly different feel in both steering and throttle response when comparing sport+/track to normal. And if you have an auto, the shift algorithm changes very significantly.

This said, I am talking about the driving modes in the Premium, I have no idea how similar/dissimilar the sport mode is in the base.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Have you actually driven and compared the different driving modes?

No, they don't make the car go any faster, but there is a distinctly different feel in both steering and throttle response when comparing sport+/track to normal. And if you have an auto, the shift algorithm changes very significantly.

This said, I am talking about the driving modes in the Premium, I have no idea how similar/dissimilar the sport mode is in the base.
I have compared, several times, over lengthy test drives. There is a difference in feel, yes, but it is all electronic. Aftermarket tunes already improve auto shift points. The concept of fiddling with buttons every time one gets in the car is why am I saying this is gimmicky and archaeic. If you drive in a certain mode all the time have a tuner hard code those parameters into a tune. This may not be possible yet because it's such a new platform but I see no reason a tuner can't program a snow/wet mode into a base GT with a tune given a little time.

I am buying my GT to drive it and, as I have expressed several times in various posts on this forum, I don't care about fancy nav or power seats or leather, etc. It all adds weight. I already plan on discussing an aftermarket equivalent to a snow/wet mode with tuners once I get to that point but beyond that the other stuff to me is just fluff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, and I know many of you will disagree with me and I'm perfectly OK with that. :cheers:

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i agree with you, except the fact that you're spending time trying to get snow/wet mode. another gimmick..

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have compared, several times, over lengthy test drives. There is a difference in feel, yes, but it is all electronic. Aftermarket tunes already improve auto shift points. The concept of fiddling with buttons every time one gets in the car is why am I saying this is gimmicky and archaeic. If you drive in a certain mode all the time have a tuner hard code those parameters into a tune. This may not be possible yet because it's such a new platform but I see no reason a tuner can't program a snow/wet mode into a base GT with a tune given a little time.

I am buying my GT to drive it and, as I have expressed several times in various posts on this forum, I don't care about fancy nav or power seats or leather, etc. It all adds weight. I already plan on discussing an aftermarket equivalent to a snow/wet mode with tuners once I get to that point but beyond that the other stuff to me is just fluff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, and I know many of you will disagree with me and I'm perfectly OK with that. :cheers:
There is not much fiddling. Flick the toggle up twice and you are in sport+. Takes a second at most. I also fail to see how giving the driver options (a la the different drive modes) is considered archaic.

Suggesting that one should buy a tune to negate the need to toggle up twice. In the auto, there is no way I'd want to use the sport+ mode in traffic. So being able to change shift patterns on the fly would be very useful.

I admit I never drive in normal and my jury is still on on snow/wet mode - I find it numbs the throttle sooo much that it feels very weird to drive. But it also does some 'fancy' stuff with the traction control, so might be worth it.

Not sure how you'd get snow/wet from aftermarket - I guess maybe at some point something could be done (if they can do the same traction control wizardry), but I can't imagine always being in that mode (even for a given trip) - so unless some tuner starts to support on the fly map switching, it would be an absolute non starter for me.

To each their own, right? :)

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
First thing i do every time i get in the car, just my preference...

Sponsored