Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
16K: Dude, we are birds of a feather, man..I'm still laughing because I do exactly the same thing!

PS. I also have to test every stereo "preview setup" I see, don't you? <laughing>
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Cab: "Misplaced?" Oh no, you're talking to the king of cart riding, man. I still duit at sixty-seven and of course, my wife tries to distance herself from me every time I do. <smile>
Yeah, I guess it would have been more accurate to simply say that my comment was too late to have the desired effect of motivating you before you had to deal with the long lines and empty shelves. However, after reading the comments you and 16K posted, you need no additional encouragement! :ninja::ninja:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I guess it would have been more accurate to simply say that my comment was too late to have the desired effect of motivating you before you had to deal with the long lines and empty shelves. However, after reading the comments you and 16K posted, you need no additional encouragement! :ninja::ninja:
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Make it fun always....:like::like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
There was only one "long line" at Wally World Senior Tuesday Early Bird Shopping. But, it moved very quickly and was not a problem.

Inside, it was about normally full of people but the shelves were 50-70 percent filled with gaping holes here and there. AND NO MILK. (but we just got some at the Dollar Store.) YAY.

I sure hope they continue to be able to stock the shelves and I noticed that other than hand sanitizer everywhere, none of the employees were wearing gloves.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Well, we are 31 days out for the 28-29 April session....
AA normally has 4 direct flights a day to/from San Antonio and Charlotte. If I go to their website, those all appear to be available in late April. However, when I watch actuals for the past week or so, they have randomly cancelled 3 of those each way every day.
So here’s hoping we are still on, but might be a road trip!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Well, we are 31 days out for the 28-29 April session....
AA normally has 4 direct flights a day to/from San Antonio and Charlotte. If I go to their website, those all appear to be available in late April. However, when I watch actuals for the past week or so, they have randomly cancelled 3 of those each way every day.
So here’s hoping we are still on, but might be a road trip!
As it gets closer I may decide to drive either way we will wait and see how things are but being on a plane right now would not be my first choice and before this I flew every other week

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm not at all surprised at your findings, Don and in all honesty, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

IMHO, there is no way the 28APR event is going to happen because I believe the entire country will still be in "shelter at home" conditions. And, as Jeff said, the thought of going to airports and riding in filthy airliners doesn't flote my bote, either.

If we get out of this without a full blown depression, I will be surprised.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am prepared to fly, IF flights are still happening. Honestly, planes have NEVER been cleaner due to C-19.

I am prepared to drive, if flights aren't happening.

I am prepared to be disappointed when the racing school calls to cancel the event.

Mostly number three.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooo, I just read NC has issued a stay at home order to start Monday....... to last at least a month.

In my last post I had a feeling it was coming, just didn't expect it to be and hour later.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Soooooo, I just read NC has issued a stay at home order to start Monday....... to last at least a month.

In my last post I had a feeling it was coming, just didn't expect it to be and hour later.
I just read their order, and reads like all the rest. Airports and automotive businesses are exempt. Right now, the Track Attack website doesn't’ say anything new. Guess we wait until they open on Monday and see what they say.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

If that is the case, there will be no track attack.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I feel sure you're correct, Tom and we most certainly wouldn't attempt to drive the twelve to fifteen hundred miles from here to Charlotte. Those that can may get lucky.

But even aside from the state's latest order, I can't see Ford Racing managing the classroom part of the event with "social distancing." Ditto for the instruction from the teachers. Couple that with who knows what the airline situation will be like and everything is pointing towards the likelihood of cancellation. Fact is, Track Attack may be a distant memory in a month the way things are going.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I feel sure you're correct, Tom and we most certainly wouldn't attempt to drive the twelve to fifteen hundred miles from here to Charlotte. Those that can may get lucky.

But even aside from the state's latest order, I can't see Ford Racing managing the classroom part of the event with "social distancing." Ditto for the instruction from the teachers. Couple that with who knows what the airline situation will be like and everything is pointing towards the likelihood of cancellation. Fact is, Track Attack may be a distant memory in a month the way things are going.
They are a totally separate business entity. They are not really part of ford, but offer a service for Ford. They get paid for each student that attends the school. With that said, they, just like everyone else will have no money coming in unless they have some deal with Ford. I too fear that the track attack may get the ax, because like any business out there, they could be forced out of business.
Sponsored