Sponsored

Track Attack July 15-16

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
KB, you should have got a hat/shirt and some other swag when you got your trophy.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tob: My memory is terrible these days so honestly, I'm not sure. I know I bought some shirts in the store and maybe one of those in the closet came with the big caliper so I'll take back my complaint for lack of memory. :-)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tob: My memory is terrible these days so honestly, I'm not sure. I know I bought some shirts in the store and maybe one of those in the closet came with the big caliper so I'll take back my complaint for lack of memory. :-)
I hear you brother. My vision and memory are shitting the bed too. Sucks gettin old but I suppose it beats the alternative!:)

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Do you still get the rear caliper trophy? I really want one on my desk, lol.

Signed up for June 6-7th here.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Got registered today for the 15-16. Declined the optional insurance for 279.00 with $7500 deductible. Should I reconsider or is this just a money maker?

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Got registered today for the 15-16. Declined the optional insurance for 279.00 with $7500 deductible. Should I reconsider or is this just a money maker?
I got it - here’s why…

I always buy track day insurance when I go in my own car. It makes me “more comfortable” pushing myself. Now I don’t think this class is going to exactly be a balls to the wall experience but… I got not seat time last year due to the RONA… and this is a completely different car than my C7…. So for the donation of 279 - I have a car that someone else says is track ready and I can enjoy without worry.
Also - this is a class of all skill levels. When I did the Vette thing at Spring Mountain- a guy who said he had tons of experience managed to take a cone with him and it left the underside of his car at speed… and the dude behind him “swerved” to miss it (alway hit the known small thing vs the unknown) and he almost created a multi car pileup.
Since this isn’t a “skill group” and many folks first time - which is super cool to see their excitement (I’ll be excited too) - it’s cheap to know my liability is limited for anyone else’s poor judgment as well.
The hotels and flights and Meals and souvenirs make this cost irrelevant in the grand scheme- and make the fun time more fun!

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I got it - here’s why…

I always buy track day insurance when I go in my own car. It makes me “more comfortable” pushing myself. Now I don’t think this class is going to exactly be a balls to the wall experience but… I got not seat time last year due to the RONA… and this is a completely different car than my C7…. So for the donation of 279 - I have a car that someone else says is track ready and I can enjoy without worry.
Also - this is a class of all skill levels. When I did the Vette thing at Spring Mountain- a guy who said he had tons of experience managed to take a cone with him and it left the underside of his car at speed… and the dude behind him “swerved” to miss it (alway hit the known small thing vs the unknown) and he almost created a multi car pileup.
Since this isn’t a “skill group” and many folks first time - which is super cool to see their excitement (I’ll be excited too) - it’s cheap to know my liability is limited for anyone else’s poor judgment as well.
The hotels and flights and Meals and souvenirs make this cost irrelevant in the grand scheme- and make the fun time more fun!
I got it too. Just piece of mind. IMHO.

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
Based on many recommendations, I went ahead and got the insurance also.
Sponsored