Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
So has anyone used this before? 20’ mustang.
So the minor (useless) instructions with it says you have to relearn the sensors after a tire rotate. Don’t think you have to do this with oem sensors? Not much info came with it. Says to refer to your manual and I’m not seeing anything really. Any help appreciated.

Should I have purchased something different?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangmatty

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I have them. No need to relearn.
Thanks RonsterGT. What steps did you take on initial learn or is everything smart enough to just work?

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Just drove the car and within 5-6 miles (8-10 kms) everything was good.

OP
OP
Mustangmatty

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Just drove the car and within 5-6 miles (8-10 kms) everything was good.
Sweet. Thank you. Glad I spent extra on the stupid programmer clicky thingy:facepalm:

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Sweet. Thank you. Glad I spent extra on the stupid programmer clicky thingy:facepalm:
I think the program thingy is if you rotate tires the screen on your dash won't know the position of the wheels if you move them. You do a series of key cycles and then click the programmer starting at the driver's front wheel and move clockwise to show the screen on the dash which wheel is which. I too was wondering what this clicky thing did until I watched a video.... makes sense as the car doesn't know where a particular wheel is, just it's tire pressure.

OP
OP
Mustangmatty

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I think the program thingy is if you rotate tires the screen on your dash won't know the position of the wheels if you move them. You do a series of key cycles and then click the programmer starting at the driver's front wheel and move clockwise to show the screen on the dash which wheel is which. I too was wondering what this clicky thing did until I watched a video.... makes sense as the car doesn't know where a particular wheel is, just it's tire pressure.
I’ll have to lookup some vids. Thx doc! Still curious how oem stuff works. Never paid much attention to that and tire rotations.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It will still learn itself even after a tire rotation. I have a 2018 F-150 that uses the same OEM sensors as the mustang with the same screen. I usually run two pounds less air in the rear tires. After a rotation one time, I forgot to reset air pressures and got in the truck and my fronts showed two more pounds then the rears, after a few miles my rear tires had two pounds more then my front, so it knows.

Doug

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Buy the Motorcraft TPMS training tool for around $30. Next you get in the car and press the power start button but do not start the engine. Cycle the hazard light toggle switch three times quickly and the horn will honk. The dash message center will then tell you to program the left front tire first. Using the tool, place it next to the valve stem and press and hold the tool button until the horn honks. Go clockwise around to the other three wheels following the horn honk technique. Do this procedure after tire rotations or new tires installed to keep the dash display correct. The whole reset takes five minutes.
Sponsored