18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
thank you guys for the input. Insurance quoted 3 after market parts and shop adviced me to try and make them put OEM So ford doesnt have any excuse for warranties on my car. Radiator, AC condenser and Fan assembly are they only 3 things quoted aftermarket. I spoke with SF about it hopefully tommorrow i get a postivie answer from them, if not its $900 out of my pocket to get oem parts. The guy at the shop did mention that i could save 288 dollars from the mirror if i decide to keep it because the mirror has a very minor chip on it.
One thing for sure everything OEM is expensive
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
Q1 - The parts they replace should be yours at your request unless your policy states otherwise. I ALWAYS ask for the old parts back in a situation where it may be uneasy to verify parts replacement. Keeps the honest , honest. It's like putting a padlock on your locker. A thief will cut that off regardless, but left unlocked it may tempt those who would otherwise be condsered honest people. That said verify that with your insurer. Again they will provide you the answers you seek.
i asked the shop owner he said they originally keep them but i didnt ask if i could keep them i just asked what happens to the take off parts. i just want to get the headlight it only has 1 broken tab and other than that is good im pretty sure i can get 150 out of it easy.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The shop owner has no right to the parts. Only you or the insurer have the right to them. The shop is only privy to them if they are left unclaimed by SF and you. SF would likely only want them for proof that parts were replaced. E.G. - your mirror. If it is only chipped and you choose only to have it repaired and SF sees no damaged mirror in the removed inventory they will look into it and adjust the estimate accordingly. Likewise the used parts serve as inventory to you to prove all the parts that the adjuster deemed damaged are in fact replaced. It would be in your best interest to remain honest and transparent with the insurer. This only benefits you down the road in the event like me you find after the fact additional damage that was missed during the damage appraisal.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Repair estimates typically need to be at 80% of the current market value to be turned over to a total loss department. If it's close they will sometimes push it through becuse there are typically some extras they can't calculate until the car is completely apart.

Sorry to hear about the accident...it's never fun

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Your at fault so you are not entitled to diminished value. It's not worth the prices for OEM, stick to what the insurer recommended, they are not allowed to put a part in your vehicle that can cause damage if they do then they would be liable for the damage so if an aftermarket part they put in causes a non warranty failure, the. The insurance co would be on the hook if that part was the cause.

Sponsored

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
Your at fault so you are not entitled to diminished value. It's not worth the prices for OEM, stick to what the insurer recommended, they are not allowed to put a part in your vehicle that can cause damage if they do then they would be liable for the damage so if an aftermarket part they put in causes a non warranty failure, the. The insurance co would be on the hook if that part was the cause.
Insurance agreed to put OEM radiator, condenser and fan assembly Only if i can provide proper paperwork stating that it would void the warranty incase of a failure on those parts. What i told them was that what if my car for some reason over heats it damages some parts, now ford could say that radiator is not oem and i dont think they would cover over a non oem part

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
any one here can please point me on the right direction or a link where the warranty disclaimer states ford doesnt warranty aftermarket parts.
Radiator, ac condenser and fan assembly is what im trying to get oem since car is 2k miles i want to retain all warranties

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Insurance agreed to put OEM radiator, condenser and fan assembly Only if i can provide proper paperwork stating that it would void the warranty incase of a failure on those parts. What i told them was that what if my car for some reason over heats it damages some parts, now ford could say that radiator is not oem and i dont think they would cover over a non oem part
Ford will 100% not cover any part they did not manufacturer in the car that fails cause why would they cover something they didn't make. Now if a separate problem occurs they will not cover it if the aftermarket part caused the issue, but they have to prove it caused it no different than a cold air intake. In which case ur carrier would step in. If u don't mind me asking which carrier do u have? Some are better than others.

In all reality the likely hood of failure is low. If I were u I would not worry but that is up to u.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
Ford will 100% not cover any part they did not manufacturer in the car that fails cause why would they cover something they didn't make. Now if a separate problem occurs they will not cover it if the aftermarket part caused the issue, but they have to prove it caused it no different than a cold air intake. In which case ur carrier would step in. If u don't mind me asking which carrier do u have? Some are better than others.

In all reality the likely hood of failure is low. If I were u I would not worry but that is up to u.
i have State farm. I have 0 negative comments to them only that little issue but i believe its solved i sent them fords warranty pdf file and it clearly states that it will Not cover non oem parts or damages caused by non oem parts. i want everything oem in case of something, ford has 1 less excuse to blame it on me

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
i have State farm. I have 0 negative comments to them only that little issue but i believe its solved i sent them fords warranty pdf file and it clearly states that it will Not cover non oem parts or damages caused by non oem parts. i want everything oem in case of something, ford has 1 less excuse to blame it on me
Hey man that's awesome. If you were able to make it happen then I'm glad. Hope you get her back soon

Sponsored
OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
well guys Now state farm says they will not pay oem parts. 2 represantatives said everything was good to go now yesterday 1 lady told me they had no expierence so they didnt know how to handle the situation.She had the expierence so she is not approving anything. so to my luck ill be putting the difference of those parts out of my pocket

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I am glad you are getting it fixed vs total, total you are out of a car. imho this is better route unless you didn't want the mustang anymore.
Why would he be out a car if the insurance company totaled the vehicle?

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
funny story-

back in 2012 or so i was driving my 2010 hyundai accent base model at about 40mph. I was in the mountains of western NC. It was dark and on a 4 lane highway. A black bear came out of nowhere and the passenger side front bumpber/grill of the car hit the bear, swung it around and it's rear end hit the passenger side door. I kept going about 1/2 mile and then realized i hit something and had damage. I turned around and went back to the accident side where i saw bits of plastic from the head light lens etc etc. No bear.

i called 911 and police showed as did a fire truck. a couple other people showed up asking if i had "hit the bear" they saw going up their driveway. Anyhow, the trooper took the report and found me not at fault as there was bear hair and blood on the car.

I drove that car, with the hood wrinkled up towards windshield, with the radiator bent at the top, and the pass side light lenses broken, the next day back home 225 miles. Was going down the highway at 70mph no issues and everything worked!!

now to the point.

i had new car replacement with my insurer which meant if i totalled the car, they would give me money for a brand new car of same type.

the accent was 10k brand new as it was a manual and 2 door hatch base model. there were no more brand new 10k hyundai accents being made- they changed to a new design in 2012- and so instead of the insurer giving me 12k for a new equivalent car, they paid almost 7k to rebuild it. I can almost guarantee if i didn't have new car replacement, they would have cut me a check for $6000 and would have totaled it. But to them, paying $7,000 to rebuild the car was a better deal than paying me $12,000 for a new car...

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
well guys Now state farm says they will not pay oem parts. 2 represantatives said everything was good to go now yesterday 1 lady told me they had no expierence so they didnt know how to handle the situation.She had the expierence so she is not approving anything. so to my luck ill be putting the difference of those parts out of my pocket
If your body shop is worth anything at all the dealership parts department will price match aftermarket parts. If not, you are in the wrong shop, my friend.
Sponsored