Sponsored

total loss question? Needing help

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
If your body shop is worth anything at all the dealership parts department will price match aftermarket parts. If not, you are in the wrong shop, my friend.
Agreed.

I had to fight with my insurance company for OEM parts for my truck. They eventually caved but had they not the Ford body shop was going to work their parts down for me pricewise to match the aftermarket/non-oem.
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
OP, Read your insurance policy.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
OP, Read your insurance policy.
good advice, most states also have laws that states they must use oem parts if requested by insured, with that said they could also pay for used oem parts.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
well guys Now state farm says they will not pay oem parts. 2 represantatives said everything was good to go now yesterday 1 lady told me they had no expierence so they didnt know how to handle the situation.She had the expierence so she is not approving anything. so to my luck ill be putting the difference of those parts out of my pocket
A few years back, my 335 was rear-ended on the highway. The insurance company insisted on aftermarket parts. My body shop got them, installed them, then dragged the adjuster down to show that they did not fit as well as an OEM part (the shut lines were uneven). The insurance company then ponied up for OEM, and got to pay the shop to install the parts twice.

Talk to your shop. Decent aftermarket parts for newer models (like the 2018 refresh) are far and few between. The shop should be able to make the case that the quality isn't there without OEM on a car that's just about a year old.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Because he spent 27k got 19k back, in just one year. Lost his ass. Doesn’t want another one.
Proper insurance covers situations like that. Totaling a vehicle doesn't mean he will be without a ride.

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Proper insurance covers situations like that. Totaling a vehicle doesn't mean he will be without a ride.
I dont understand your guys comments. He got market value for it, but thats far below what he can actually buy a mustang with locally, so he bought a crappy little Camry instead for like 14k. just wasn't good to be hit. He still lost equity, he would of had it paid off and had a car, now if he rebought another mustang he would be out a good 10k back where he started. wasted

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
A few years back, my 335 was rear-ended on the highway. The insurance company insisted on aftermarket parts. My body shop got them, installed them, then dragged the adjuster down to show that they did not fit as well as an OEM part (the shut lines were uneven). The insurance company then ponied up for OEM, and got to pay the shop to install the parts twice.

Talk to your shop. Decent aftermarket parts for newer models (like the 2018 refresh) are far and few between. The shop should be able to make the case that the quality isn't there without OEM on a car that's just about a year old.
Same experience. Insurance company dug in and repaired my car with aftermarket parts. The fit was so bad I refused to accept it. Adjuster came to look at it and they paid to repair with OEM parts and repaired it twice loosing money.

Remember, for each one of us who takes the time to care and see the repairs right, there are many others who accept poor fitting parts and poor workmanship. Loose money on us, but overall make huge amounts of money
Sponsored