danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Wow thanks for finding a "replica" with these wheels! Hard to choose now! Still, comparing these to the Steeda Bullitt I still think the Steeda wins. What do you think? Maybe its the grayish color on the Steeda wheels? I don't know. But you can't buy Steeda's so...

1614428026548.png
1614428073125.png

Wow thanks for finding a "replica" with these wheels! Hard to choose now! Still, comparing these to the Steeda Bullitt I still think the Steeda wins. What do you think? Maybe its the grayish color on the Steeda wheels? I don't know. But you can't buy Steeda's so...

1614428026548.png
I found that Steeda makes the same wheel in black called the R-5. Same wheel only in black.

← BACK TO STEEDA R5 WHEEL - DEPOSIT TO PURCHASE
IMG_2873.jpg

Steeda R5 Wheel - Pre-Order Price: $1,969 Set) Deposit:
Long a market leader in the manufacture of high performance derivatives of the Ford Mustang, Steeda Performance Vehicles is now accepting pre-orders for the sale of our sure to be iconic wheel - the Steeda R5 - designed specifically for ultra high performance with a modern five spoke design with a nod to the past. These wheels have the sure to be iconic styling and a level of quality embodied by Steeda, all at an accessible price point.
Initially designed for the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang with their machined lip and dark charcoal spoke finish, these trademarked wheels are being offered to the public with an alluring all gloss black finish. Designed and manufactured specifically for the Ford Mustang (S550), this wheel package provides staggered fitment with 20" x 10” front and 20” x 11” rear product offerings. These wheels have been strategically designed so as to accept a 275/35-20 front tire and a massive 315/35-20 rear tire - all without any clearance or fitment issues*. Cast using a the absolute best proprietary aluminum compound available and then finished with the finest gloss paint finish electrostatically applied, these wheels offer the fit, finish, and durability needed for both street, dragstrip, and track use. In addition, their design also promotes the added evacuation of air from around the brake rotors/calipers providing increased cooling to these critical components during aggressive use. (Note: The wheel center cap will feature our trademarked Steeda logo — the Steeda oval and the words STEEDA).
Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
1614428073125.png

I found that Steeda makes the same wheel in black called the R-5. Same wheel only in black.

← BACK TO STEEDA R5 WHEEL - DEPOSIT TO PURCHASE
IMG_2873.jpg

Steeda R5 Wheel - Pre-Order Price: $1,969 Set) Deposit:
Long a market leader in the manufacture of high performance derivatives of the Ford Mustang, Steeda Performance Vehicles is now accepting pre-orders for the sale of our sure to be iconic wheel - the Steeda R5 - designed specifically for ultra high performance with a modern five spoke design with a nod to the past. These wheels have the sure to be iconic styling and a level of quality embodied by Steeda, all at an accessible price point.
Initially designed for the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang with their machined lip and dark charcoal spoke finish, these trademarked wheels are being offered to the public with an alluring all gloss black finish. Designed and manufactured specifically for the Ford Mustang (S550), this wheel package provides staggered fitment with 20" x 10” front and 20” x 11” rear product offerings. These wheels have been strategically designed so as to accept a 275/35-20 front tire and a massive 315/35-20 rear tire - all without any clearance or fitment issues*. Cast using a the absolute best proprietary aluminum compound available and then finished with the finest gloss paint finish electrostatically applied, these wheels offer the fit, finish, and durability needed for both street, dragstrip, and track use. In addition, their design also promotes the added evacuation of air from around the brake rotors/calipers providing increased cooling to these critical components during aggressive use. (Note: The wheel center cap will feature our trademarked Steeda logo — the Steeda oval and the words STEEDA).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Whatever happened to the original gray "McQueen" set? Ever released?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Whatever happened to the original gray "McQueen" set? Ever released?
No Steeda refuses to after previously saying they would. Their excuse is that McQueen edition buyers thought that selling the wheels would "diminish" the specialiness of the car.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7386
Here are the CS-11's on my Bullitt. 11" in back, 9.5" in front. I put Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 Plus XL tires on. 315/35/20 in back and 275/35/20 in front. I wanted an all season as I got tired of not being able to drive the car on the OE PS's at or below 40 degrees. I don't know if the Conti's have more grip (they probably don't), but they do make the handling feel "livelier" strangely enough.
IMG_0657.JPEG
IMG_0674.JPEG
IMG_0665.JPEG

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No Steeda refuses to after previously saying they would. Their excuse is that McQueen edition buyers thought that selling the wheels would "diminish" the specialiness of the car.
I think the real reason is that the McQueen Edition bombed and did not meet Buyer demand nor the original Sales Target intended.

They would never answer threads inquiring of total production count. Any SMQ's that have been posted on this site from M6G Members spotting them for sale, the selling prices were Shelby territory for a hopped up Bullitt. No doubt, the execution looked great, it had nice features, performance enhancements and upgrades too. However it was a very niche vehicle that needed a certain buyer. I'm speculating the R5's are leftovers from that plight which have been stripped and powder coated black.

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I love these Carroll Shelby CS-11's. I also wanted a thrust style wheel. I still feel I picked the right wheel for my car. You can choose between black, charcoal or chrome powder.

IMG_20210516_182549_960.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love these Carroll Shelby CS-11's. I also wanted a thrust style wheel. I still feel I picked the right wheel for my car. You can choose between black, charcoal or chrome powder.

IMG_20210516_182549_960.jpg
I am generally not a fan of silver cars as I find them bland but your choice of wheels really adds as they suit the car so well. The red lug nuts are a nice detail also and the silver brake calipers don't detract from the whole package as so many bright color brakes often do (in my opinion). I think your car is really tasteful and looks great.

Sponsored

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am generally not a fan of silver cars as I find them bland but your choice of wheels really adds as they suit the car so well. The red lug nuts are a nice detail also and the silver brake calipers don't detract from the whole package as so many bright color brakes often do (in my opinion). I think your car is really tasteful and looks great.
Thank you. The calipers are just still that clean. They're not painted yet. I have red epoxy to paint them still. Mainly for protection as they're starting to change colors at 18k miles. If I don't like the red, I'll choose something else later.

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The problem with all these retro wheels when up-sized is they look goofy if you lived back when they were a 14"-15" wheel.
The draw of those wheels was they looked beefy.
When up-sized to 18-22" the spokes are like twigs and the centers look like you could snap the centers out of the wheel on a hard apex, or launch.
THese wheels and all the 60-80's remakes need the spokes beefed up , and a center cap that makes the lug bolt circle look proportional to the rest of the wheel.
I know that = a heavier wheel. but most buyers of these wheels are buying because of the look. not to have a light weight wheel.
Sponsored