Torn between base and CFTP

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I’m torn between base and cftp. For disclosure, I’ll never race this formally and probably will only track a handful of times, I am just a huge mustang fan and this new iteration is a dream car for me. The gt4 wing Looks great ( in fact I’ll admit I’m a gt4 fanboy) and sounds as though it will perform great. I’ll prob take cf wheels off unless going to track for fun. But.... those same conditions existed for the 350 and I just had to get the R, so traded base in. In this case I’m wondering if just going w base, adding the wing would be worth it vs waiting to find a cftp. I have a base deal set up, just no def cftp. Oddly, the idea that the base will perform better in 1/4 is incredibly intriguing since I like that different cars have different strengths.
All that being said, if anyone knows a dealer w unsold cftp allocation please pm me, that I’m sure will muddy my decion even more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Well if money is no object Iam sure you can find one. But at this point I think most dealers are quite aware of the allocations on the G T items and you might have a hard time find one at a civilized price tag.

OP
OP

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
It is honestly not that money is no object , more a principle thing. Ie should I wait and be patient to get a cftp at a reasonable price ( end of model year, 2nd model year, gently used etc) vs getting a base now where I’m the only owner and I get it sooner.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Just get a base GT500, drive it for a year or two and then trade for a carbon fiber track pack car.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Just get a base GT500, drive it for a year or two and then trade for a carbon fiber track pack car.
That is my plan if this car lives up to the hype. I’m going to daily drive it except during the winter months.

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
It is honestly not that money is no object , more a principle thing. Ie should I wait and be patient to get a cftp at a reasonable price ( end of model year, 2nd model year, gently used etc) vs getting a base now where I’m the only owner and I get it sooner.
Get a base and then once God’s gift to sports cars comes out, the almighty C8, everyone with a CFTP GT500 will be in such awe of the superior C8, they will all sell theirs and you’ll be able to buy a CFTP for pennies on the dollar. Lol, at least that’s what all these Chevy Asshats keep saying.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Far as I can tell, everything the CFTP offers can be gotten with simple cosmetic mods or even options on the base. Different wheels, wing, handling stuff, recaro seats, etc.

I'm not in love with CF wheels because I intend to daily drive mine.
Sponsored