Sponsored

Top Fender Exit Exhaust? (Not Downpipes)

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Damn! That is some serious shit. Awesome work, cant wait to hear a video of it.
Thanks everyone! Don’t worry, I’m still waiting on my buddy to edit the video and what not, I’ll see if he can put together like a “teaser” so I can post it for you guys. But like I said, it’s one bad mamma-jamma so far. I haven’t gone past 4K in it yet, but it does scream with when I blip the throttle to revmatch.

I really, really want this to work for you:cheers:. But you are going to kill yourself:doh: with the a/c on. Fresh air gets drawn in right there at the bottom of the windshield cowl. The exhaust fumes is going to roll in, especially without cats. So right before you lose consciousness, you are going "roll" the windows down, and draw-in even more fumes.
I drove the car around 100 miles today to run errands with the girlfriend after work today, windows up and down with the AC on when the windows were up. Couldn’t smell a thing nor did either of our heads hurt. Only thing you could smell was the VHT paint on the headers curing on the exhaust pipes I painted yesterday, I never baked them, so they’re still relatively fresh under the wrap. But it’s really not that bad as everyone would think, they’d have to see and ride in it to understand it I guess.

Hope this isn't a daily driver between the fumes and exhaust soot that will cover the side of you car.
Exhaust soot never bothered me on my MR2s, I think of them as battle scars. Plus it’s a car, they’re made to get beat on. But it is my daily, I recently just bought a road/gravel bike — so that’ll be my daily once I feel more comfortable riding it on public roads. Riding it everyday to commute will help me train for a 100mile gravel race next year, so perfect time to cut holes into the fenders! Plus I’m still in the process of breaking in the clutch and then I’ll have to do a data log for Lund.

This is Stella

wck1zl.jpg
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
In for the finished video. Nice fab job!

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
In for the finished video. Nice fab job!
Thanks! It was more of my buddies than me, I was just the driver with a vision lol but I should be data logging for Lund this week or weekend and I’ll try to get a video. It’ll be on my iPhone, I don’t have anything fancy like a GoPro.

So stay tuned!

Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Thanks! It was more of my buddies than me, I was just the driver with a vision lol but I should be data logging for Lund this week or weekend and I’ll try to get a video. It’ll be on my iPhone, I don’t have anything fancy like a GoPro.

So stay tuned!
Just remember to turn the phone sideways so the video is landscape and not portrait. That way we can have full screen goodness when we watch the vid.

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My buddy with the GoPro is going to ride with me during the data logging, he’s gonna suction cup the mount right next to the exhaust exit. So y’all should be getting a good presentation.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
When your buddy mounts the gopro make sure it isn't righttttt next to the exhaust or I think you may overload the camera's microphone not get a good audio recording. Maybe stick it up on the roof on one side. Or I would think sticking it on the center of the hood right between the two sides, or on the center front of the roof would be other good places. Especially since in the one picture it looked like a newer gopro which should record some sweet-sweet stereo audio. Just make sure wind noise reduction is on haha. I am by no means an expert so I could be completely wrong. I just know I hate it when I go to listen to an exhaust clip and it sounds all muddy seemingly because the camera is right next to the exhaust pipe.

Gonna check back later for that clip, can't wait!

Sponsored
OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Update (04/11/2018)

I apologize about the bad quality, but this is the only footage I have of the car so far. This was Monday morning before work (the day after we had finished all the fabcriation), my buddy/co-worker recorded it for his Instagram story and I had him send it to me.

We’ll be making templates for the exhaust plate today.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Sounds mean and looks awesome.

This may be a stupid question... but what about rain water? Lol

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sounds mean and looks awesome.

This may be a stupid question... but what about rain water? Lol
Thanks!! And I have a pipe plug for the pipe if it rains or ill just pull over somewhere, no biggie.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Rev that bitch up! I wanna hear what it sounds like at high rpms! Get your phone out and go for a ride
Sponsored