Sponsored

Top Fender Exit Exhaust? (Not Downpipes)

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Some testing

Me vs my buddy’s 2018 Camaro SS 1LE (stock) from a 40mph roll. Just wanted to test my car and see how it performed as well get some sound clips and try to get the fireballs on camera. The Camaro did his roll in 1st Gear and I was in 2nd both runs.

This is the first race, I was late on the hit — didn’t realize he countdown until it was over.

This is the 2nd race, this time I did register the countdown lol
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
This type of exhaust (or lack thereof) is lightweight, so add that to the performance benefit list, haha.

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Finally finished the aluminum panels for the hood.

no6o3b.jpg

Im preparation to painting the hood, I decided to paint my roof metallic black using Ford’s “UH” (Tuxedo Black) color code as well. Blocked the roof flat with 1,500grit and worked my way up to 5,000grit since it’s a black. I did the same with the hood.

16a2ki9.jpg

rsv8eh.jpg

nbu6io.jpg

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
pretty unique OP

personally i think it isn't very daily driver friendly. im surprised you were willing to sacrifice that all for being NA.

Sponsored

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
pretty unique OP

personally i think it isn't very daily driver friendly. im surprised you were willing to sacrifice that all for being NA.
Thanks! It’s actually very daily driver friendly in my opinion, there’s no drone at highway speeds and driving around town running errands casually it isn’t that loud once you’re cruising at 2-3,000rpm (for me anyway). I’m still able to have conversations in the cabin with the passenger as well.

Here’s a few more photos my buddy sent me.

9ks1tl.jpg

2s1q2hk.jpg

34g4i6g.jpg

2na34w9.jpg

10wpc3a.jpg

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP, did that SPARCO steering wheel bolt on easily?

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP, did that SPARCO steering wheel bolt on easily?
Yeah, it was pretty straight forward. You do lose all your steering controls, so keep that in mind. I also bought a horn from Sparco that gets mounted behind the steering wheel for state inspection purposes, just haven’t had time to wire it into the horn wire. Oh! Also keep in mind since you lose your clockspring, the turn signal has to be disengaged manually.

I also believe the Sparco 353 is same as the Ford Performance one, the “Sparco” engraving is just replaced with a “Ford Performance” one.

Remove air bag
Remove bolt holding steering wheel
Remove steering wheel
Remove clockspring
Install hub with removed nut
Install wheel (comes with hardware)

Here’s a few photos for a better reference as well:

2zgroxt.jpg

2804foi.jpg

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that quick write up! Used GT350/R steering wheels go for the price of a new Sparco wheel, and you get to keep the controls. However, the Sparco wheel is gorgeous.

Decisions, decisions....

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Me vs my buddy’s 2018 Camaro SS 1LE (stock) from a 40mph roll. Just wanted to test my car and see how it performed as well get some sound clips and try to get the fireballs on camera. The Camaro did his roll in 1st Gear and I was in 2nd both runs.

This is the first race, I was late on the hit — didn’t realize he countdown until it was over.

This is the 2nd race, this time I did register the countdown lol
You got some fire to come out of the exhaust, cool.

Sponsored
OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for that quick write up! Used GT350/R steering wheels go for the price of a new Sparco wheel, and you get to keep the controls. However, the Sparco wheel is gorgeous.

Decisions, decisions....
I was in the same predicament as you too haha I chose the Sparco 353, cause I ran a Sparco and MoMo wheel in my MR2s and really enjoyed the ergonomics of it. I rarely use cruise control and go through the controls, and I can still use my phone via-Bluetooth through the media console in the dash. I was already use to driving a car with an aftermarket steering wheel with no clockspring, so I chose Sparco.

I’d say get the alcantara GT350 wheel if you’re just wanting a nicer wheel and want to keep the control units, along with the horn and airbag. Especially if the airbag light will annoy you, I have a Polaroid photo of my girlfriend and I covering it, so it doesn’t bother me too much. Overall, if you went with a GT350 wheel — you’d have a 100% chance of passing a state inspection lol

I’d say get the Sparco wheel if you don’t mind losing electronic controls for a better ergonomics. The wheel is overall slimmer and smaller in diameter than the GT350 wheel, so the 9 and 3 position feels more natural, to me that is. It’s just driver oriented.

At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with either one. Just remember your hand is gonna be on it 24/7 while driving, so make it a comfortable choice! You could even go with the Ford Performance/Sparco collaboration one to keep it “Ford” still.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26495]johnny.3sgte[/MENTION]
Your so lucky to be able to mount your license plate in the window. Here the regulations state that the front license plate must be mounted to the front of the vehicle.

mathis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Eco
Yeah, it was pretty straight forward. You do lose all your steering controls, so keep that in mind. I also bought a horn from Sparco that gets mounted behind the steering wheel for state inspection purposes, just haven’t had time to wire it into the horn wire. Oh! Also keep in mind since you lose your clockspring, the turn signal has to be disengaged manually.

I also believe the Sparco 353 is same as the Ford Performance one, the “Sparco” engraving is just replaced with a “Ford Performance” one.

Remove air bag
Remove bolt holding steering wheel
Remove steering wheel
Remove clockspring
Install hub with removed nut
Install wheel (comes with hardware)

Here’s a few photos for a better reference as well:

2zgroxt.jpg

2804foi.jpg
Did you have any issues with your airbag light? Or do you just ignore it lol

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Reminds me similar to the sound of Cleetus Mcfarlands Drag race Corvette builds Ruby and Leroy.
Sponsored