Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
What country do you live in?
Washington State. We have an “assault” weapon ban now which is essentially most semi auto rifles or pistols. Given the propensity of the 9th Circuit to ignore the Supreme Court, and Constitutional law in general over the last few years it appears they are intent on setting a new precedent. It may be a while before it is overturned.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Washington State. We have an “assault” weapon ban now which is essentially most semi auto rifles or pistols. Given the propensity of the 9th Circuit to ignore the Supreme Court, and Constitutional law in general over the last few years it appears they are intent on setting a new precedent. It may be a while before it is overturned.
Sorry to hear that. Sad.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Pistols. Pistols to get to your rifles. FA makes the pants get tighter until you have to load more mags.
ETA: By FA I am assuming you mean full auto.
FA is for the movies.... And suppressive fire.....😇

SA is for precision fires, though I am fond of the 3 round burst on a .762 SCAR 😉

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think in the original post that used "FA" it was meant to mean Fire Arm, not Full Auto.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
FA is for the movies.... And suppressive fire.....😇

SA is for precision fires, though I am fond of the 3 round burst on a .762 SCAR 😉
Full auto is a nice novelty at an organized event. Agree on semi. Would rather an AR-10 over an AK myself but settle on 15s.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I appreciate our services. When I was young, the Navy seemed like a good fit for me. Bag was by the bus while I repeatedly failed dthe hearing test. Last part of the physical naturally. Why the hell couldn't they have the fingering last so if you fail elsewhere they don't get to violate you alongside 20 other recruits? Lol
The closest I ever got to a mg in 7.62 was a M1919A-1 at the range. I did get to enjoy some M-2 at a pumpkin shoot and some buddies let me shoot their .50 bolt guns. One of the ARs I had was fitted with a bump stock but they were cheesy novelty items. Waste of ammo.
Thank you for putting in your time in the service. Yeah, I know, just doing your job...

I’m more of a 249 SAW or M2 like I had in Iraq. Once those start talking everyone runs lol

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I’m more of a 249 SAW or M2 like I had in Iraq. Once those start talking everyone runs lol
How did you carry that M2? Ground Mounted is about 120lbs and takes three pretty big folks to move effectively. Was it mounted on a Hummer? Just curious....................

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
I was a gunner it was mounted to the top of our humvees! The 249 was my dismounted weapon!
Copy. Old Light Infantry guy here. We had three-man crews for the M2's.
Agree, you open up with a M2, people take notice. SAW is a piece of garbage used for spraying rounds. Preferred the M60 for accuracy and knockdown.
Later, worked with some special stuff---ergo the target on my moniker. Thanks for your service

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
later in war they started giving our drivers the 249 and we got the M4. Which in my opinion was stupid lol I was fresh outta basic/ait. The whole time there we were told never to fire a warning shot. Then when I got in country we had to fire warning shots at suspected VIEDs. Some of the rules of engagement we had were head scratchers.

Last edited:

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
later in war they started giving our drivers the 249 and we got the M4. Which in my opinion was stupid lol I was fresh outta basic/ait. The whole time there we were told never to fire a warning shot. Then went I got in country we had to fire warning shots at suspected VIEDs. Some of the rules of engagement we had were head scratchers.
Never had to work under those rules. We were so far out that concealment was our best option. If we engaged, it was because we were found and that never was good. Engagements were rapid, decisive and used to break contact.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I appreciate our services. When I was young, the Navy seemed like a good fit for me. Bag was by the bus while I repeatedly failed dthe hearing test. Last part of the physical naturally. Why the hell couldn't they have the fingering last so if you fail elsewhere they don't get to violate you alongside 20 other recruits? Lol
The closest I ever got to a mg in 7.62 was a M1919A-1 at the range. I did get to enjoy some M-2 at a pumpkin shoot and some buddies let me shoot their .50 bolt guns. One of the ARs I had was fitted with a bump stock but they were cheesy novelty items. Waste of ammo.
Thank you for putting in your time in the service. Yeah, I know, just doing your job...
The m2 was everyone’s favorite! The unicorn for me is the mini gun! We got called as QRF for an ODA outpost! Those guys had the mini gun mounted to their humvees I was in awe lol we had the mandatory minimum to go mission with 3 gun trucks with the m2. Those guys rolled out with one humvee with a mini gun lol

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Never had to work under those rules. We were so far out that concealment was our best option. If we engaged, it was because we were found and that never was good. Engagements were rapid, decisive and used to break contact.
We ended up getting a Captain from brigade.He didn’t want us engaging unless they were hanging out the window with an AK! We all made fun of him in the barracks and gave him a nick name. Lol
Sponsored